MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Looks like I'll be Grandma soon...

Cat

Baby was due Sunday, and due to a "scheduling error" (yeah, riiight :shakinghead: It's the Fourth of July weekend!), both doctors will be unavailable this weekend. So they want the little guy OUT OF THERE (so they get their cut).

Tomorrow morning around 8:30 they will give her a medication to induce labor (pill insert), which should get things moving within 12 hours. (Could start immediately, could take longer.) After that, they could use stronger stuff. She's ready, he's just taking his time.

I'd appreciate prayers for this little family.

As much as I can't wait to see the baby, she's still *MY* baby. :sad-smiley-012:

:pray: you are sooooooo lucky!!! I just wish my kids would hurry up and have kids--I want to be a grandmother so bad!!! I can't figure out where they got these ideas to finish college and start their careers first :0327: I just want them to hurry up--I have been crocheting like crazy for over a year now--by the time one of them finally has one, it will be the proud owner of like 100 baby blankets!!! :24:

Baby Noah James made his entrance into the world at 10:47 PM June 30, at 8 pounds nearly 3 ounces, 20 inches long, with a voice designed to keep his parents up for months to come! :happy0203:

DH, lilDD, and I visited them at the hospital around 7PM. With all the meds, it's so different than when I had my babies. She was in active labor and her water had been "broken", but she was so medicated and regulated that she didn't even know how it was progressing.

We got home near 8, and DH and lilDD went to bed. But then I saw that SonInLaw posted on Facebook at 10:05 that it was happening very soon, how the heck could I sleep THEN? :whistling: So I told DH and left for the hospital.

I had to go through the ER, and the long way up to the room, but as soon as I walked up to the nurse's station, I heard him crying. And that's when *I* cried. :sad-smiley-012:

He's beautiful and a miracle, as every baby is. DD is doing well, and SIL is as proud as he can be.

God is SO good!!!!

I'll post pics when I have some. :wub:

Congratulations Grandma and the rest of the family! It is soo exciting to be a grandparent. It IS wonderful, isn't it? I feel so fortunate to have 2 grandsons (1 and 3 yrs.old) One time I was in grocery line checkout and two people were talking ahead of me. They were saying that they wished their kids would have children so they could be grandparents but it didn't look like anytime soon with schooling and no prospects on the line. And then I knew how blessed I was to have my 2 precious grandsons and with this daughter, I think more to come. I have one other married daughter but nothing from them on the horizon plus two more children of my own but only 8 and 12.

I know you'll sure enjoy your new grandbaby Noah. I was fortunate enough to have been at both births and see them being born. (I videotaped too!) Enjoy!

Baby Noah James made his entrance into the world at 10:47 PM June 30, at 8 pounds nearly 3 ounces, 20 inches long, with a voice designed to keep his parents up for months to come! :happy0203:

He's beautiful and a miracle, as every baby is. DD is doing well, and SIL is as proud as he can be.

God is SO good!!!!

I'll post pics when I have some. :wub:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How Blessed you ARE! :balloons::bouquet::bighug2:

Tired Mama...

NoahSarahJason1701.jpg

Noah James

Noah701c.jpg

He scratched his right cheek a bit with his nails, so he's safely covered now. The hospital won't trim them.

He's very calm and doesn't fuss much. I tell them "Give him a week..." ;)

Aw bless, he is absolutely adorable! What a treasure.

The pic of your DD won't open but it's obvious Noah has his good looks from her.

May you all be blessed.

I had a problem with PhotoBucket. I hope the pic opens now.

Thanks... God is SO good!

This morning she says he was fussier and spitting up more. His Dad's side of the family has "projectile vomiting" genes, so she's concerned. I just told her to talk to the doctor. If nothing else, it will go on his chart/records as a potential problem to watch for.

Thanks everyone. He'll probably be going home tonight. They have to give him a 48-hr checkup, and that'll be at 10 PM.

I didn't get to see him today, because I was running all day. And we'll be gone for the weekend. Their church is one that jumps in with meals, etc., so I'll step in after they kind of drift away. So these first few days, maybe a week, they'll have help.

Around here, it's usually "Grandma" with the last name. At least it is for most. ;) I don't know what son-in-law's Mom will prefer. She already has 2 grandsons, so it's not new for her.

Oh, Cat...he's precious!

Congratulations on becoming a Grandma! That little man will bring you SO much joy....AND, when he's two, you'll get to tell DD, "HAHAHAHA!!!! Payback!!! He's acting JUST like you did at this age!!" :D At least, that is what my mom does to me... :grinning-smiley-044:

Enjoy his cuddles and that warm baby smell. You are blessed!!!

Oh Cat!!!! I missed this......I am tickled pink for you!! He is absolutely adorable and I know ya'll are proud. Enjoy all that baby shuga!!

Archived