MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
cootie

Oh my! Check this out!

I don't think that would be for us, based on what is written:

Vicino, who launched the Vivos project last December, says he seeks buyers willing to pay $50,000 for adults and $25,000 for children.

The company is starting with a 13,000-square-foot refurbished underground shelter formerly operated by the U.S. government at an undisclosed location near Barstow, Calif., that will have room for 134 people, he says.

Doing the math, it means just under 100 square feet per person, a 10x10 spot doesn't really seem like a reasonable amount of space for an extended period of time. If there were 134 people crammed into that space for a year or more I imagine there would be some serious personality issues that could happen. What happens if it's not safe to come out for a longer period and food & supplies are getting low, are the strong going to eliminate the weak? I'd rather take my chances with my smaller family group, at least there is family loyalty and concern.

My other thought would be that unless the shelter is very close by there might not be any way to get to it. What if the first people there panic and close off the doors for the later people?

Foxglove

Reminds me of the Arcs in the movie "2012" that people paid big money to get space on, also the big money (our tax money) that's been spent for years by our governments to build underground survival bunkers to hold all mankind's politicians and knowledge (not necessarily the same) and life.

Apparently even Tom Cruise and family has built a $10M bunker under their home in Colorado capable of sustaining them for 1 year, at which time apparently the benevolent E.T.'s will be picking them up and taking them elsewhere.

I think that it's not a place I'd like to experience, if it happened. I'm prepared for the "higher level"... and God's all I really have to have for that.

Any preps I have are for minor stuff, not nuclear.

:shrug:

Could you imagine buying space in a shelter to share with people you don't know? I can't imagine even considering it. You wouldn't know their moral values, their skills, how they would act in a crisis, etc. Obviously these people have some money so they might have the entitlement mentality to some extent and expect that because they paid "good money" to buy shelter space, they should be taken care or should get first dibs on food and medicine.

I would much rather spend my $$$ (assuming I had an extra 50 grand or so. which I don't), buying supplies and building a small private shelter for a select group of friends and family. I'd much rather live in less fancy digs and have people I can count on (to some extent at least). Being cooped up in a possible life threatening situation with a bunch of strangers who don't share my values or have the necessary skills to survive is not my idea of a good time or good planning.

Yeah, I don't do cruises either.

And that is assuming we have money to spend. When TSHTF we probably are not going to have money or any kind of economy or social order to do things with. It is either done now or we do without. From what I gather even metals (gold, silver, etc) won't have any trading value for a long while. The scary part is some people are talking of November for the beginning of the deep slide. We can only wait and see.

WOW!

to pay out all that money and then when/if the time comes will he Guarantee that you will make it there before it is to late.

and if not is there a refind? LOL

There is no way I willl be spending time in a 'group' shelter for as was stated you have no idea who else will be there.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Aside from being crammed in with others with whom the only thng you had in common was cash to pay for the spot...I have read first person accounts by those who went to a phillipine 'internment camp' (for "their own safety" mind you) bearing their food supplies and such as they were advised to do, only to have them promptly taken away by those who ran the camp for 'redistribution'. (I think the thing that stuck in my craw was their 50 lb sack of dried milk they brought for their children, was apropriated by the kitchen staff who used it to make cakes for the kitchen crew. The children never got any of that milk, and had health problems the rest of their lives.) My biggest reservation to this large group shelter would be: who is 'running' the place and just what is their 'agenda'? Do I want to literally buy into it? hmmmmm I'd rather have my own shelter and supplies...

I can't believe anyone actually thinks this is a real shelter and not a scam. "Undisclosed location", my left hind leg!