MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My dear husband

NanaX2

Lisa- I'm so sorry for your loss, and Nana- my thoughts and prayers are with you.

as the wife of a cancer survivor, I understand what miracles these brave men are.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the lastest in our saga! We went to Vanderbilt yesterday and the doctor we saw was wonderful. He really put us at ease and explained that there are 3 available clinical trials that Dewayne could do. There is one that the doc is very interested in for Dewayne, so that is the one we are trying to see if he qualifies for. They have to send a tissue sample for testing, DNA and such, and if the sample fits the criteria for this clinical trial, we will go with it. The doc says it is having good outcomes. We hope to hear the results within 10 to 14 days. This trial is a level 2 to it has had some previous testing already. The other 2 trials are level1 so they are not so tested. Anyway, we are praying God will open doors to which ever trial will help Dewayne the most, so please continue to pray. Thanks so much, Beverly

• 1 month later...

Dewayne begins clinical trials tomorrow. The trial drug will be combined with chemo he has previously had(that did not work). The drug is supposed to make the regular chemo work better. We are praying that it works. He did not qualify for the first trial , so this is the second one he tried to get in and of course, did. It has been 3 months since he last had any chemo so he is sort of dreading the yuck again. Please keep us in your prayers. Thanks, Beverly

Archived