MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Any New News?

TurtleMama

I've been busy as a crazy bee, and I haven't been keeping up with the news as well as I should be.

Does anyone know if there is any news about the strains of flu that are likely to be making an appearance this year? Sounds like H1N1 is a goner, thank God...and it seems like this flu season might be pretty low-key.

Anyone know?

I've been busy as a crazy bee, and I haven't been keeping up with the news as well as I should be.

Does anyone know if there is any news about the strains of flu that are likely to be making an appearance this year? Sounds like H1N1 is a goner, thank God...and it seems like this flu season might be pretty low-key.

Anyone know?

I took my chicks, for their flu shots this week. The nurse giving us our shots, at Walmart, said that the reason they were pushing the flu vaccine early this year, was a strain, t had popped up, in the Southern Hemisphere, that was acting like the H1N1 did, with some people, and they wanted to make sure, the vaccine was readily available, before it spread here. The nurse, said it was a strain, that was in this year's vaccine. This was the earliest, we have ever had our flu shots, but it was so easy and now it is done. Walmart, will have a nurse, right in the front of the store, for the next 2 months, giving out flu shots and the pneumonia vaccine.

got my shot at wal mart last week--they told me that the flu would be VERY early this year--i know i usually get mine a couple of month from now...not much on the news about it this year

Just found out we can get flu shots this year and bill insurance. Guess I will get them for all of us. Nurse at Walmart said they ahve already seen a handful of flu cases in DFW this month, though mostly it has been strep throat.

The kiddos and I can't get the flu shot...we have egg allergies. We all got that Swine Flu this past winter, but praise God, it wasn't as bad as some people got. Took my precious girl (3 years old at the time) almost a month to get over it, though...

So far I'm not hearing much about the Flu. That superbug I have heard about...apparently there are 3 or 4 strains of it floating around. :wacko: ICK!

Thus far at our school, sinus infections are the main issue. I think one of my friends has a little one with tummy flu, too. That's no fun!

Fox was talking about the super bug this morning from India that has hit 3 states so far; CA, IL, and somewhere on the Upper East Coast. They were also talking about one that resistant to drugs in 36 states so far. They are trying to isolate cases at this point but that's all I could hear as the DKs were talking us a storm and everytime I turned the volume on the TV up, their volume went up as well. Oh, well.

Archived