MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
mommafitz

Red flags for an arrived crisis - Part 17

Yes, thank you Canned Nerd for your service. All the boys from my area returned home safely although one died a few weeks after getting home, they said from "heart attack". He was 20 years old and very thin. He was never quite the same after Vietnam. Probably had PTSD but it wasn't labeled then.

OT, hmm..what was this topic? Oh yes, what have I done today to prepare? I'm prepping today for a winter storm by baking bread and cleaning out the fridge.

Ok, checked and it's Red Flags! Oops!

Edited by Daylily

Unfortunately it seems the Authorities are more interested in keeping the weapons away from the citizens so we can't protect ourselves against the looters (who have the weapons since they don't follow the rules).

My local area (Los Angeles) should be having another of their "guns for goodies" events -- turn in any gun (no questions asked) and get Gift Certificates of $100-$200. I guess it is good liberal economics -- citizens buy the guns, the crooks steal the guns, the guns are redeemed for gift certificates, the citizens have their taxes increased to pay for the events, and the process is continuously repeated.

We just had a gun buy back this month. They got 706 guns. Each gun netted a $100.00 gift certificate from Target.

Oh gees. The irony. I just noticed as I was typing this. Guns...Target. :24:

:unsure: So, not being a gun expert by any means, I am sort of wondering how a gift certificate is an incentive for a gun that surely cost a lot more than they're getting in the exchange. Unless of course they're mostly/all stolen, which makes me more puzzled, because wouldn't they then need to be given back to the owners ... or are they just disposed of with no notification to the owners, who I'd think would have filed a report they were stolen (or may not even yet know they're missing).

Seems like one of those reward the criminal sort of things. :pout: I know I'd be upset if the criminal who stole something from me ended up getting a gift certificate instead of handcuffs :tapfoot:

Yah, a lot of people get upset by the buy-back programs but the liberals prevail. In my area ALL the guns are ground up and melted, though there was a scandal years back when a gun showed up on the streets that was supposed to have been destroyed. There is no effort to return to the rightful owner since they "assume" it is the owner turning it in.

They are melted here. Or they say they are. :shrug:

I would assume the guns turned in are stolen or used in a crime and the serial numbers would be filed away. So finding the real owner would be next to impossible.

So glad I live n the woods. If I get a "looter" we will all be in trouble---and he would be dead. A disaster seems to bring out the real scum who use it to their advantage.

Jeepers:

Oh gees. The irony. I just noticed as I was typing this. Guns...Target. :24:

:rolleyes:

Edited by Mt_Rider
add quote of pun I was rolling eyes at LOL

I've had a few guns I'd be thrilled to get a $100 gift certificate for. If I could get that for my present 22 lr rifle I sure would turn it in and put $100+ on a better gun that doesn't jam all the time.

We don't have a gun amnesty program anymore, but when we did, it was wildly successful. There is no doubt that the guns are destroyed because they invite the media to watch the big melt at a local foundry.

I was in the Dollar Tree this morning and there was a lady in her 70's with a shopping cart filled to the top with cans of corn beef hash and beef stew...probably about 100 to 125 cans. I made a comment about loving corned beef hash and she gave a half smile to me and turned away. It was pretty obvious she didn't want me making any comments about what she had. As I was paying my bill the cashier said this was her third time back in the store buying all their can good. Somebody is stocking up.....

Not sure if this is the right thread but the idiots really are out. This woman called the cops because she didn't want her husband to leave the country.

He told me he was going to blow up the airplane,” she told The Post last night. “I went through his suitcase — and I panicked.”She added she thought she was doing her civic duty. “I did what an honest citizen would do,” she said.Eunice, who said she’s a nurse, claimed she first became worried because her husband had been acting distant.

http://news.yahoo.com/hubby-terrorized-062959781.html?

Just reading the words civic duty have me the heebies jeebies. :animal0017:

Oh sheeeeesh..... :o THIS sounds like something dh's family members might do....and think themselves justified and clever. :banghead:

MtRider ----so glad we are far from them

Bunch of crazies out there. Can't imagine her thinking the husband would take kindly and rush right back to her. Weirdos.

Earlier this month it was reported that a female state police officer in our area went to her boyfriend's home while on duty to get his phone while he was in the shower, and when he caught her, she turned things around to make it seem as though he attacked her. She's being charged with different things, because they investigated and saw her story didn't pan out. This same woman used to be a local police officer, and caused a ton of problems (and I believe even sued the department) over what people are now wondering were even truthful claims.

Nuts a plenty out there.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.