MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What the Lord has done for me!

Guest Guest

I have GOT to share my good fortune with you tonight! I am so excited I could just about burst!

Back ground:

I have belonged to a VERY HUGE church for a few years now. However, I have always felt extremely lonely within it's walls. Both in ABQ and PHX, the church membership for the Calvarys I have gone to well was over 5000 people. I love the church, I love all that it has to offer, but I have felt lonely. About a year an a half ago, we moved to Phx and the loneliness grew. I had no one here, not in the neighborhood, not as a homeschooler, and not in my church. I also realized about the first of the year that I needed to surround myself with Christianity or I was going to die forever.

So, I began to pray. I prayed that the Lord would give me someone close by with children --and more than 2 children at that--who had values and morals. I prayed that the Lord would show me to a Christian HS group, one that was CLOSE by, without prejudice and one with a variety of races. I prayed for a Christian church meeting the same requirements as the homeschool group. Yes, I was pretty picky in my prayer requests. I can't really explain it, but I really *needed* to be picky. It was a happiness/fulfillment issue... Ok, so I prayed. I found a church over Christmas that was really close to where I lived. Well, the people were beautiful and they had a great Wednesday night youth program for the kids that they loved. However as time wore on, I grew unhappy. Music is a BIG part of my going to church, so if the music isn't right for me/us, we can't be happy. At Whitton, it wasn't right. So, I stopped going. I tried another one close by a few months ago. That one scared the bejeebers outta me. I fully expected to not be able to find my children or to find them dead next to a huge bowl of kool-aid. So, there was another failure...

Well, just when I had all but given up, when I decided that the Lord wasn't ready to send me to another church, homeschool group or move a neighbor in with children, He did it! ALLLLLLL of it! At one time!

First, 3 months ago I met Nina (name changed), she lives 2 doors down from me AND has THREE kids! She is wonderful and has values! THEN He gave me a TERRIFIC Christian homeschool group, a month ago, that is in MY area!

THEN the Lord did it, He iced the cake!

One of the ladies, as a matter of fact the owner, of the HS group invited me to attend her church. First, last week, she invited the kids to the Wednesday service--which they LOVED. Then she invited me to church today. THEN she fanagled it so that I would be able to attend the Women's ministry tonight even tho' I had no babysitter (she and the pastor's wife found one for me)!

Oh Ladies, I can't tell you how incredibly rich I feel! I feel so happy and alive. It is so wonderful to be a part of something! My husband and the children loved the church, we met so many people of all different races and in all different places on their spiritual walks. We just fell in love with it. My husband and I decided today that it was the church for us! I am doing the jig o' joy right here and now ladies! The Lord has TRULY shown me His works today in my life!

------------------

~MsAng

"Love's the only house

big enough for all the

pain in the world."

So glad for you MsAng. I understand completely. For many years, I attended a church because it was where I'd been for ages and because they supported us when we were on the mission field, but they were a bunch of yuppies and I didn't really fit in at all. Any friends I had were from the homeschool community, but I didn't even have anything in common with the homeschoolers in my church. Then my son started attending youth group at a church I'd known about for years but never visited. Before we knew it, DH and I were there and it was like, love at first sight and keeps getting better. Not a perfect church...none are...but a really good church with really good people. It has made a new person out of me!

How wonderful for you. The Lord really does meet our needs. We used to attend a rather large church and we felt lonely all the time there. Then five years ago we found a wonderful church, smaller but full of love. Then just recently we moved on to another small but loving church. The Lord is always faithful and will lead us where He would have us.

I'm so happy you found your "perfect fit" I have moved a lot so I know how lonely it can get when you have to start from scratch, and have values. Doing a happy dance with you smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

Oh thank you ladies! Thank you for sharing in my joy! I am totally overflowing with happiness over these gifts from the Lord. Thank you for understanding.

------------------

~MsAng

"Love's the only house

big enough for all the

pain in the world."

I am so happy that you have been able to find what you are looking for. It is so nice to have a church family you can be comfortable with.

God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He. Sometimes it takes longer than other times. We just have to learn to allow Him time to do His work.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif