MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

High dose vitamin C useful for swine flu

Grace&Violets

Dr. Mercola has an excellent article on the benefits of high dose vitamin C. Turns out it can help with severe viral infections, as well as many other illnesses. The article also has a lot of great links to other websites and articles. After reading it, I'm definitely upping my family's intake of vitamin C.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/29/high-dose-iv-vitamin-c-found-useful-for-near-terminal-swine-flu.aspx?aid=CD945

I went to an Herbalist about a month ago. She advises high dosages of Vit C and gave me the literature to back it up.

She says to start off with 1000 mg and work your way up. When you get to the point that it upsets your stomach then you back off and that's how you know how much you should take. She says that if you get a cold take a high enough dose that it upsets your stomach and that by doing that it pushes the illness through quicker.

I did as she said and had worked up to 4000 mg when I hurt my hip. I had energy like you would not believe. I had not felt that energized in years!! It also helped curve my appetite. I quit doing it because I did not want to "be down" and have that kind of energy. I plan to start up again very soon.

I have heard many times, from several sources, that 2000 mg is "the therapeutic dose." Your body flushes out anything more than 1000 mg. Even if the C had no other action, the body's flushing out the excess would be useful. Think what gets flushed with the C. Just drink a whole lot of clear fluid so you don't dehydrate yourself.

Archived