MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My Sister's Trials

My sister has been diagnosed with cancer. They are starting chemo & radiation and more tests and have warned her she will be burned after her treatments. That was hard to hear because I know several people who went through that... and didn't survive. :sad-smiley-012:

I'm sending her a box of aloe plants today, I hope it helps.

Thank you all for your prayers.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear! I've benn the one getting chemo and radiation before, and that was quite a troublesome year! I'll pray for her. I don't know what cancer she has, but because of where mine was, my radiation burns were internal, in my esophagus. Felt like a crazed cat trying to escape my throat every time I swallowed-- but they were able to presribe me something the pharmicists call "Magic Mouthwash" that worked very well in numbing/ healing the burns.

Anyway, I pray that she'll be well. And that's you'll be well-- I swear, the people around me had a tougher time of my sickness than I did, simply because they worried and fretted more than I did.

• 1 month later...

I have heard somewhere of an organization that provides free housekeeping assistance for people on radiation therapy. You might look up whether it's available in her area. One less thing for her to worry about.

We've been talking. She's not doing well, intense pain, burned and blistered enough they are going to quit the therapy and she's on bed rest. It was the plead in her voice when she said, "Pray for me."

Thank you all for your prayers, she has called several times and said they helped her get through another day.

*Heavy Sigh*