MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Annarchy

My Sister's Trials

My sister has been diagnosed with cancer. They are starting chemo & radiation and more tests and have warned her she will be burned after her treatments. That was hard to hear because I know several people who went through that... and didn't survive. :sad-smiley-012:

I'm sending her a box of aloe plants today, I hope it helps.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Oh dear! I've benn the one getting chemo and radiation before, and that was quite a troublesome year! I'll pray for her. I don't know what cancer she has, but because of where mine was, my radiation burns were internal, in my esophagus. Felt like a crazed cat trying to escape my throat every time I swallowed-- but they were able to presribe me something the pharmicists call "Magic Mouthwash" that worked very well in numbing/ healing the burns.

Anyway, I pray that she'll be well. And that's you'll be well-- I swear, the people around me had a tougher time of my sickness than I did, simply because they worried and fretted more than I did.

praying here too

I know that God works miracles - DH had a bad diagnosis with cancer last year, and he is a walking miracle today. Prayer changes the medical diagnoses!

**Joining the circle of prayer**

Thank you all for your prayers, she can use them.

I got a call from her this morning, she 3 weeks into chemo and daily radiation treatments with 3 more weeks to go.

She requested prayers to handle the pain.

I have heard somewhere of an organization that provides free housekeeping assistance for people on radiation therapy. You might look up whether it's available in her area. One less thing for her to worry about.

Praying for your DS and you.

Ann, I am just seeing this and will be adding your sister to my prayers as well. I have a dear friend who is going through radiation and about to start chemo. It is horrific on the pain scales. I will particularly pray for relief from the pain for your sister.

Prayers for your sister, sweetie...and prayers for you.

God bless you both as you journey this very difficult road. :pray:

We've been talking. She's not doing well, intense pain, burned and blistered enough they are going to quit the therapy and she's on bed rest. It was the plead in her voice when she said, "Pray for me."

Thank you all for your prayers, she has called several times and said they helped her get through another day.

*Heavy Sigh*

A quick update. When it rains... Her DH is hospitalized for appendicitis. :shakinghead:

You know that y'all are in my prayers.