MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My Sister's Trials

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that there are no words that can assuage your grief right now.

It is so hard when your loved one is on the twilight path.

Please know that we are praying for your sister and for you. There are so many different types of pain at this point.

God bless you with love, sweet memories, and peace. If you need anything, we're here.

:hug3:

• 2 weeks later...

Her time is short...

It has not been very long, all things considered, from her diagnosis to the end of her chapter of life.

Talking with her DH, 'it is a hard road to travel' and he "wouldn't want to do it for a living". "Is she coherent?" I ask. Usually the answer is, "I do not know, but let me try", I hear in the background, "It's your sister, do you want to talk with her?" "Mumble, mumble, I can't." she replies. He urges her again, "It's Ann, do you want to talk with her? I'll put it on speaker phone......" "It's worse, .... isn't' it?......." she asks him. He puts me on speaker phone and I talk to her, trying to make her respond to me.

Days are left, maybe a week, according to Hospice.

I guess the hardest thing for me is the "Oh well." attitude of all my family, even my mother. Really?!?? Really?!?? :gaah:

DH weeping on my shoulder, caught me off guard, and tore a hole in my heart.

Truth be told, I do not want my sister to die. Then again, I do not want her to suffer, she has suffered enough in her lifetime. I know she will be with our Lord and I will see her again, in time. I will miss calling her, giving her a hard time, arguing with her, reminiscing about times past, and constantly trying to encourage her. (****Heavy sigh*****)

I am sharing this because, with my family's attitude, I need the outlet for my emotions. (It's a girl thing. I guess.)

Numb....

Ann

Hugs for ya, Annarchy. It's not easy to say good bye, especially with all this other stuff ... you sound like you and her were really close, so cherish that. Shes going to be relieved of all her pain soon and yes, eventually you will be with her again. And yea, thats why we are here too, to listen to you.

I never had a sister and none of my brothers and I are close at all, so that's pretty special. I do miss some of the friends I have known here though, who have passed on. I miss being able to talk with them or see them. I was closer to them by far than many in my own kin.

It is hard to replace that but you have had that with her so cherish it. She will be able to listen better when she is no longer so ill , relieved of these burdens. She will hear you from where she will be.

I have faith in that.

You have done right by her, and that is what matters.

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I had to do it with my cousin who was like a sister to me all our lives. She asked me to come be with her at the end. I went for her but it was hard. We used to talk everyday on the phone and I miss her so much. I think her passing was worse on me than on her. When she died I couldn't get out of there fast enough to just break down.

As much as I love and miss her...I wouldn't wish her back here. It still hurts though.

Come here and 'talk' when ever you want. A lot of us have been through it too. Crying does help and remember to breath. :hug3:

As long as you hold her in your heart, she will never really leave you. :sad-smiley-012:

Grief is a complicated and yet very necessary part of life. I don't know why some people react the way they do at times like this, but, it is not unusual.

As for you, allow yourself to have grief, but, don't allow grief t have you. I'll be praying for you my friend. I've never walked this path but, I can pray for the one who can truly understand your pain to comfort your hurting heart. Much love.

I think the hardest part of having the docs tell you that you are dying is that you don't want to cause grief and pain to those you love. It makes it hard to talk about. People just don't want to hear it. You need to talk, whether you are the person with the diagnosis or the person who loves the one who is dying. If you cannot talk about it, you become very isolated with your grief.

Wish I could do something to help you. I do have a shoulder and an ear if you need them. ((((((((ANNARCHY)))))

Thank you all for you kindness, prayers and hugs.

She went peacefully earlier today.

Saying goodbye is never easy even with our Blessed assurance. I'm so sorry Ann. I pray that the good memories will over run the pain of grief. You are in my prayers.

Oh Annarchy....so sorry for your loss. If our grief is sometimes a measure of how much we loved the person....it's an honor, in one sort of way, to bear it. Cuz most of us wouldn't...couldn't change the relationship ....back away so it doesn't hurt so bad. So we endure it until time changes it a bit. Til the time comes finally, when the memories are precious and the pain is .....manageable. Until then, hold on... God is near.

MtRider :pray::sad-smiley-012: