MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Removing the Leaven in 2011

Hello Dear Friends!!

One of my New Year Goals is to visit MrsSurvival more often (hopefully every morning with coffee). But, there is one Spiritual Goal that is the main goal of my Spiritual Life (which surrounds all else) and that is to """REMOVE the LEAVEN in 2011 !!!

Leaven, in the Scriptures is often symbollic of sin. I've been studying Nehemiah in preparation for a class I am teaching and in chapter four it tells that the workers were growing weary because of all of the rubble/trash that was in the way as they tried to work.

This really spoke to me as I realized how wearisome it can be in our daily Christian walks when we're having to work around the rubble...the trash...the garbage...the leaven in our hearts. I'm determined to sweep it clean, start fresh and allow myself to flow more freely in the ways of the Lord.

What about you? Sweeping out the Leaven for 2011???

Indeed!

One of my morning study verses said:

"
Knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkenss, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
" Romans 13:11-14

Thanks Stephanie.

Same here, both physically (decluttering the house, etc) and spiritually. Stephanie, wish we were closer so I could attend your bible study.

Good idea and a great plan!

Love the rhyme as well. :thumbs:

So I went to look it up and was wondering if you all knew of the online Bible I use all the time?

it is called :blue letter Bible

and here is the link

http://www.blueletterbible.org/

you can look up anything and even pick which Bible to look it up in.

:AmishMichael2:

MomM, I so wish that y'all could be here and attend. That would be grand!!

I've never before had such a specific message that felt as if urgency was required! Nehemiah is such a great book for opening our eyes to the battle that is happening around us. The name of my new class is "Strategies".

Michael and Lori, I LOVE BLB and use it very often. I also highly recommend it! :)

Another little thought as I ponder Nehemiah. Don't expect that you won't catch the attention of the enemy when you start your "spiritual housecleaning" efforts. He will do his best to distract, discourage and sabatoge your efforts. Consider what your strategies will be before you are attacked.

^___^! Well, I'm still (!) in the process of moving all my things from my parents' house, but yes, decluttering on all levels going on.

I followed a Catholic tradition this year, and picked a saint for the upcoming year. Here's a good post on how it works, along with a link to a random Patron Saint Generator. I chose (was chosen by?) St. Peter the Apostle. In Catholic tradition, St. Peter is the patron of (among other things): bakers, butchers, clock makers, cobblers, fishermen, harvesters, locksmiths, masons, net makers and stone masons. Since this is the year I am establishing my household, getting things set up well from the beginning, this is a good match. Mr. The Rock seems like a good friend to have when setting up foundations and getting supplies and supply lines in order.

So, the coming months will be featuring an intense study of all the places where Peter shows up in the New Testament-- Gospels, Acts, and letters. I've already read the letters, though I'll be going through them more thoroughly soon-- just doing the initial overview right now. I may post my notes as I go. ^_^

Happy New Year!

That is really interesting Zophiel. I find that the Lord uses many methods to guide us back to the joy of studying His Word. It is a veritable treasure house of wisdom, encouragement and knowledge.

Ann, I forgot to mention how much I appreciated you sharing that scripture, I'm putting it in my notes!! :hug3:

Today I was reading Romans 2 : 9-10 from the Amplified Bible. 9[And] there will be tribulation and anguish and calamity and constraint for every soul of man who [habitually] does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek (Gentile). 10But glory and honor and [heart] peace shall be awarded to everyone who [habitually] does good, the Jew first and also the Greek (Gentile).

habitual definition ha·bitu·al (hə bic̸ho̵̅o̅ əl)

adjective

1. formed or acquired by continual use; done by habit or fixed as a habit; customary
  2. being or doing a certain thing by habit; steady; inveterate: a habitual smoker
  3. much seen, done, or used; usual; frequent

There are things we do everyday that is sin, and we know what they are and there are some we don't know. As i walk with the Lord and He is teaching me and cleaning me. We have to catch everything we do and think, and ask is this right. Rebuke it in Jesus Name if it is not. Say it out load, tell it that it does not live in you.

1 Peter 1:15-16 15 But as the One who called you is Holy, you yourself also be Holy in all your conduct and manner of living. 16 For it is written, You shall be Holy, for I am Holy.

2 corinthians 10: 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

1) that sets itself up against the knowledge of GOD

2)take captive every thought to make it obedient to CHRIST

:pray: Lord thank You for your teaching, the Lord just started to show me things that I am dealing with at the moment. This always happens, everytime I want to show and share something with others the, the Lord shows me. Thank You Lord I love you so much.

:cele: