MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats your favorite music on a lazy day or any day

Dee

If I'm in a lazy mood it's the Platters, Johnny Mathis, Roger Whitiker or....... If I'm in a perky mood it's Kenny Rogers, Anne Murray, Barry Manilow, Elvis or...... Hmmm, I think I've shown my age here! I like Simon and Garfunkel too Ed, if that's who your Simon & G were. Sounds of Silence, Scarborough Fair are great.

------------------

dee.jpg

I like to play fastpaced classical music while I am working...it seems to make me go faster, lol.

I also like classical for just sitting and listening to...esp. classical piano and guitar and especially Debussey.

But, really, I am not such a snob...I like other music too...it is just that with a husband who was a rock musician for years and a son who is getting contemporary christian music degree, I get enough of that without even trying, lol. You know, we could never imagine living off the grid...we could give up lights and televisions but they could never give up their electric guitars (and I'd have a little trouble giving up my computer,too, I must admit)

But about music... I do like old Beatles, Simon & Garfunkle too and also, Christian alternative.

I like to play fastpaced classical music while I am working...it seems to make me go faster, lol.

I also like classical for just sitting and listening to...esp. classical piano and guitar and especially Debussey.

But, really, I am not such a snob...I like other music too...it is just that with a husband who was a rock musician for years and a son who is getting contemporary christian music degree, I get enough of that without even trying, lol. You know, we could never imagine living off the grid...we could give up lights and televisions but they could never give up their electric guitars (and I'd have a little trouble giving up my computer,too, I must admit)

But about music... I do like old Beatles, Simon & Garfunkle too and also, Christian alternative.

This is a good one, most of the time I like my peace and quiet. If I were to go pick out a tape to play right now, it would probably be classic, such as 'Strauss', these are good for relaxing. smile.gif And that is what I need to do, relax. Otherwise, we have many kinds of music. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Music has always had a huge spot in my life!The selection really just depends on my mood. I like Classical- especially Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and Vivaldi, Jazz- I'm taking Cassie to a Marcus Roberts concert of Friday! , Classic Rock and Celtic music, especially Enya. Pretty eclectic tastes LOL. DH prefers 80's rock like Rush.

We listen to many many diffferent kids of music in our house. Probably the result of having a composer for a father and a singer for a mother smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

Hey Ed I have a great acoustical S and G thats a rare copy of their early hits. Only 100 were made. My music collection is very extensive since I have been collecting since my teens. The only music that I dont have a major collection of is the who done me and my sisters girlfriend wrong country type of music although I just love bluegrass and I like some of Clint Black, Garth Brooks and Kathy Mattea's music. How about Manheim Steamroller? Chip Davis's music is mellow especially the Manheim Steamroller Christmas.I like and own all the music mentioned here. I guess I am just a young hippie leftover.

John Denver is still the man...... & smile.gif

[This message has been edited by reci (edited October 01, 2002).]

I like anything by Enya, also Dixie Chicks, Jackson Browne, Eagles. I like listening to Buddhist chanting too, when I'm in the mood, finding it very relaxing. Usually doze off, though!

Well it varies. I like Gospel, Country, and Classical and some of the old Rock. My husband loves Boots Randolph and Country and he also likes opera. So you never know what might be heard here.

Same here Beb, but add ... oh crap, whoops excuse my language, you know the daughter who dubbed in a song with her father who is dead. Gee whiz (that's better) It will come to me as soon as I post. Also Lulu, to sir with the Love, I loved that movie.

Argghhhhhhhh still can't remember

smile.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Pleeeeease don't tell on me Beb, it's my only cuss word that comes out, and it comes out frequently.

Your don;t like Natelie cole, oh dear,....

thanks for remembering the name for me, must be the cold getting in my head and affecting my memory, can't be anything to do with age.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Anything old for me..... The older the better. Not into opera and can take some of the clasical but not a lot. Love the old rock and roll. Also love the songs of the 20's 30's 40's 50's 60's.

My birth Father has an old Edison Victrola with 210 cilender records in mint condition. We never got to hear it but a couple of times but love all that old, old music.

I know, I am a bit strange liking that type of music at my age. My husband still can't believe he met a woman that loves the same music as he does. He says we are so much alike in the stuff we like that it is almost like God made us just for each other. Ya, know what? I think he just might have.

Hill

P.S. I love to sing the Carpenter's songs.

[This message has been edited by Hillbillee (edited October 02, 2002).]