MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Reb

Free Seeds?

Mornin All. I am pullin out my hair searching for this web site. I placed an order from these folks last year and was amazed at their response. They send you - literally - a free veggie garden for a small donation. I LOST THE ADDRESS and about to kick my own butt. Does anyone remember the address? If you know it, thank you in advance. Reb

THAT'S IT!!!! Thank you, Thank you, sweetie. It's such a win-win deal. Reb

MartianChick - You are the "cat's meow". The Seed Corps is the right one. That's the one that Green Acres actor, Eddie Albert, organized. I received a package of seeds from them last year and WOW what a bountiful harvest we had. The seeds are all viable and except for the drought at the end of the season, we were able to save a lot of the seeds. Thanks again, MartianChick. Take care, Rebel

Edited by Reb

You are quite welcome!

Here is another one that I just found:

http://www.freeseeds...seeds/index.php

These ones aren't really free but you can get 100 seed packs for $15 and then get any additional orders of seeds for $5 per set of 100 packets. I've already filled out the application for my homeowners association.

Edited by themartianchick

The link takes you back to that page and I didn't see anywhere either.

I didn't see how to order, but that is the one that I've heard folks talking about the most. I'm wondering if they just aren't open for business yet this season. I placed an order with the company that is in post #4 yesterday. My homeowner's association is funded by the members themselves and we try to do some youth gardening projects each year. I used to be able to get a similar seed deal from Seeds of Change, but they no longer send them out to organizations that don't have 501c3 nonprofit status. I'm hoping that this works out because the homeowners association will pay to receive 100 packets of seed and I will pay $10 for an additional 200 packets. The association will get any of my seeds that I don't want to sow and they always get my cast off seeds that come from other sources. It is kind of my payment for organizing the seeds and laying out the program curriculum.