MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anyone had problems with birth control pills

Guest Guest

Hello everyone! I am new here, and to be honest i don't know if this is an appropriate place to ask, but i am truly at my wits end. I have been on orthotricyclen for 1 1/2 years and i have experienced a huge drop in my sex drive, not to mention insane mood swings. It is really beginning to affect my marriage and life..i have discussed getting it switched, but was informed that i would most likely experience the same symptoms..My husband and i are just starting out, and i am still working on my degree i'm not able to support a child, but i honestly feel as if my entire life is suffering as a result. Has anyone else been through this? I am convinced it is my birth control. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi Lacey, and welcome! I'm new here too...you might consider other birth control options...I had to change birth control pills a couple of times because they caused me so much pain!

I hope you can figure something out soon!

God bless you and have a good day!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Hi Lacey, I agree, go to your dr. and see about getting different pills or a different birth control method.

I know I am a lot older, but, I had problems years ago with them. I also was taking Pem Pro, (I think that was what it was called), a few years ago and had to get off that stuff too. I found out that there is the same stuff in the Pem Pro that is in the birth control pills. I was unable to live with myself, let alone others. I was always moody and anything could cause me to blow up. I have been off them for some time now and I know they were the problem.

Now, I will say, I am a mother of 3 adult kids and grandmother of 7. smile.gif But, I have been there done that.

Let us know what you decide on.

Please come to the Sun Porch and introduce yourself there. smile.gif Tell us some things about your self. smile.gif

Have a good day. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

LaceyLou, so sorry you are having problems with the BC pills. I have had times when I have been very affected by them. Switching brands can help tremendously. I have had the fewest side effects with the mini-pill, (progesterone only Micronor) that contains no estrogen. You do have to be vigilant about taking it the same time of day but I have fewer mood swings. I find it takes a few months to adjust to any of the pills after being off them for awhile.

Good luck finding a BC method that works for you, I would use a non hormone one if you can. I'm allergic to them so I can't. Avoid at all costs the depo shot, as it would be the worst option for you if you are already sensitive to hormones.

------------------

becca.jpg