MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
WormGuy

Kroger score

I went to Kroger yesterday to pick up a few things and went by the markdown area. There were 5 cases of tomato with chili peppers for 49 cents a can and maybe 12 Cambell's tomato soup in a 4 can package for 79 cents. I passed on the tomato & peppers but picked up 2 of the 4 packs of soup. I should have bought all they had but I really don't need it. When I got home the wife told me I should have bought all of the soup.

So...today I went back and of course the soup was gone. :( However in it's place was 4 cases of crunchy peanut butter. They were regular size jars marked down to 79 cents each. I had no problem putting 3 cases in my cart. :) I didn't want to take them all since I know there are people who probably need it more than we do. I put all 36 jars in the freezer for later. I know folks say peanut butter is not to be frozen, but I have been eating it for almost two years with no problem. I wonder what they might have tomorrow?

:wormie2:

John

One of the best times to check out the markdowns is right after a reset (when they clear everything off the shelf to reorganize it and add new products). You can get tons of stuff for half the price, with a good date on it too.

Score! I wish we had a Krogers on the West Coast...

Awesome! I wish we had Krogers out here in NJ too :(

Wow, I can't believe you passed up Rotel on sale...:sad-smiley-012: I go thru so much of that stuff! It goes with almost everything!

We already have enough Rotel to last a long time. ;) Plus I will can some this year.

:wormie2:

John

Nice job!!! We have a Kroger but I think it's 45 miles in the opposite direction of everything I do until the Steam Engine Museum opens up on Memorial Day.

We have King Soopers, which is the same as Krogers. My DH once found large packages of diapers for $2 a pack! 2 of the packs were the size we needed and one wasn't, but we got them all anyway. My Gram taught me to always check the back of any grocery store for their markdowns. I've bought 5-6 boxes of Stash tea for 25 cents each, pie filling for super cheap, etc. I've never seen actual cases of anything, though. Nice find!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.