MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Would you please pray?

Guest Guest

Hi everybody! I'd like to share a prayer request with you all...

First a little bit of background info, and I'll try not to make it too long...

I was born and raised in Mexico by wonderful missionary parents. Unfortunately, I never learned to drive while I was there. I tried it once and loved it, but then moved to the States to go to Bibleschool. While in Bibleschool, I never learned how to drive because I didn't have a car. Then, I got married. My husbands grandfather gave us a car as a wedding gift (a '86 Chevy that we still own). My DH and I worked together, so he drove us to work, so I never learned how to drive. Then we went to Mexico as missionaries for about a year and a half. My DH suffers of a mental illness, and this made him VERY controlling (long story, maybe I'll tell you that one some other time, but it the end, the LORD IS GOOD smile.gif), so again, no learning how to drive.

Then last year, I went down to Mexico by myself (with our little baby girl) to give my DH and I time to heal ourselves in order to heal or relationship. To make a long story short, I learned how to drive!!! I came back to the States last Nov, but with no license...no way I was going to drive. So this summer my parents came up to visit, and I got my permit...and just a week ago I got my license! I passed on my first try...YEAH!!! I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing me to do this! BTW, my DH and I are doing great now. The Lord is good. He always was, and always will be. He got the help he needed and is now studying to make a better life for us as a family.

So...my prayer request is this. Because my DH is studying in another city, he needs the faithful old car we have, which pretty much leaves me at the mercy of my inlaws and friends to be able to go shopping or even just to be able to take my daughter out to the park.

I must say that this is a want, not a need. I do have great friends and family that are willing to take me out, yet I hate to put them in that possition all the time.

So, I'm praying for a car. Not necesarily a very nice and expensive one (not at all), just one with four doors that will not be breaking down on me (the last thing I am is a mechanic! smile.gif). My DH is worried about paying extra money for insurance and gas. So, I'm praying for the whole package. I'm not sure how, but if it's the Lord's will I know that He is creative enough and has all the resources to make it happen.

When you pray (if you get a chance) would you please pray for the Lord's will? The last thing I need is a car on my hands that He doesn't want me to have!

Thanks so much for taking your time to read through this. I really appreciate it!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

I too was a late driver. I had my licence but I was too afraid to drive in Seattle, and when we moved back here I was afraid to drive without enough practice! One day my DH said " I don't think you're ever going to do it." That was all it took LOL, from that day 8 yrs ago I've been driving ever since! I remember how hard it was though having to wait until it was a convenient time, or having to walk everywhere.

I really hope the right car materializes for you. You need to be able to get out of the house and run your errands!

------------------

becca.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! Just a little note to let you all know that there has been an answer to prayer! My father in law works for a food shelf in the inner city. They have a minivan that was donated to them that they can't use, so they have loaned it to me! The idea is that I will volunteer once or twice a week, and pay for the gas, and the vehicle will still be theirs and they pay for the insurance. I'm so happy! The truth is, I don't come to the forum as much as I used to because now I can get around! It has been really nice to be able to go out on my own, and not have to plan for things so far in advance! It's a really simple minivan, but it has four wheels and it works!

Thanks to all of you who encouraged me and prayed for this. I'm not sure how long they are going to let me use it, but will enjoy it while I can!

Thought you'd all like to see an answer to prayer!

Hope ya'll have a wonderful day (and night!)! wink.gif Happygirl

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!