MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

need hellp with meal plan!!!

All the info on this site is wonderful! I have been collecting cheap recipes for years. A resource I have not seen mentioned yet is a book called "Stories and Recipes of the Great Depression" by Rita Van Amber. It was so popular she ended up doing 6 books! I have always cooked depression-style (cheap)foods. Both my husband & I grew up eating them courtesy of our parents, who grew up during the depression. And when we decided it was time for me to retire, we cut down and 'practiced' living on the money we would have after retirement (my pension and his disability). With the extra we paid down all our bills, so when the actual retirement time came, we hardly felt a thing.

You can do worse than reading Mrs Survival's collections of recipes, they are all terrific!!!

Thanks for bumping this back up to the top. There is so much information here that I missed. I want to make my own recipe folder so I can remember them. Also, pass them down to my son when I'm gone as he likes his momma's simple cookin'. I used to make a great pepper steak years ago and for the life of me I can't remember how I made it. I should have written it down but when I was younger I thought I'd surly remember these simple things.

Boy was I wrong. I think my hot flashes are frying my brain cells. :knary:

Archived