MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Favorite comedian or comedienne?

I'm wondering how our interests run towards comedy. I like so many, it's hard to narrow it down. My favorite is probably Jackie Gleason but i like Robin Williams a lot too although he's certainly branching out a lot these days. Carol Burnette and Lucy were always great shows too.

Laughingly

Miki

I have always liked Bob Newheart. I don't like Lucy at all and things like the 3 stooges I really dislike.

I do like old movies like Robin Hood: Men in Tights, the old Airplane movies and UHF. My family thinks I have a strange sense of humor, lol.

I like comedy a lot (especially if it's clean) but am terrible at names. I do like Robin Williams (Mrs Doubtfire was really good), and are any of you familiar with "Who's Line is it Anyway?" I really like that one too. I actually enjoy Jay Leno once in a while, but really don't like his jokes about God or anything related to Him, or when they make fun of the president. I respect our President (unlike the last one we had...hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes!) and don't appreciate it when they make him appear stupid. But I do like comedy!

Hope you have a great day!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

I like Victoria Wood, who is a comedienne from the north of England. We get Whose Line is it Anyway? as well; I also like Have I Got News for You on TV, but don't know if you get that over there. One of my all-time favourites has to be Billy Connelly from Glasgow - has anyone seen/heard his stuff?

Robin Williams, Carol Burnett and Tim Conway, loved the Carol Burnett show especially when they couldn't stop from laughing. The Dick Van Dyck show, old black and white, was great.

grin.gif

Don't like the humor that has to use swearing.

Oh Oh Oh don't forget Bill Cosby, my absolute favorite. My mom and dad used to play his records, he made stand up comedy records, we did not have a tv, living way up north (baffin island) so we used to sit around the living room and listen to his records.

------------------

brigid.gif

Lowie is Billy Connelly that scottish comedian turned actor...who did that movie where he was the queens companion? If i have the right one....i love him.... And another i love from your neck of the woods is (oh gosh...his name escapes me...) Mr.....something....really skinny...big lips...big cow eyes.....clutsy....black hair....fit's into a little car....come on now help me......

Love Bill Cosby -Robin williams-Tim conway/CB-Rosanne used to crack me up (when she first started)....Margaret Chow (sp)...ever see her do that loosing weight by drinking contaminated water/get malaria skit? Billy Crystal.

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM

I *know* you're coloring in my grey hair in your mind's picture, but I used to watch Red Skelton as a kid, and he is my all-time favorite.

Recently our local PBS station has played some of his reruns, and I fell in love with him all over again, and introduced our kids to his gentle humor.

Otherwise, I like a lot of varied humor, but not when it's mean or dirty.

------------------

cat.jpg

I sure do remember Red Skelton Cat and have some of his old tapes. I adored him when I was a young thing.

Now Lowlander about Billy Connelly I think he is a hoot along with my other favorites Benny Hill- I just love the old reruns of Benny's shows and I am a Are You Being Served, One Foot In the Grave and Keeping Up Appearences Fan! I love Onslo and Daisy and of course Richard and Hyacynth Bucket and I can't forget the great Monty Python, Waiting for God and Ab Fab.

I am a big Father Ted Fan too . I just love Dermot Morgan, Ardel O'Hanlon, Frank Kelly and Pauline McLynn. Father Ted is my hero.

As for US comedy Mel Brooks is my favorite along with Vickie Lawrence, Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Jerry Lewis and Bill Cosby.

There are not to many " clean mouthed" comediens around although I am known to like a bit of "The" George Carlin.

Debbielee - that is Billy Connelly. People are really like that in Glasgow - I spent three year in and around Glasgow when I was at acollege and encountered many people just like the ones he talks about. A lot of people thinks he makes it all up, but he really doesn't. The other one you're thinking of is Mr Bean played by Rowan Atkinson; we all love hime in this house too. I'm glad that some of our better comedy efforts have made it across the pond to you.

Cat, I agree with you. My favorite all time comedian has to be Red Skelton. There are a few others that can be added to the list.

Danny Kaye and I enjoy the old Martin and Lewis, also Abbot and Costello. However

two new ones are in the list. Jim Carey and Tim Allen. We just love the Movies Grinch and Santa Clause, can't wait for the Santa

Clause2 which is coming out this December.

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler

Yes.......it's MR Bean......just seeing his face in my mind....makes me laugh!!!Thanks Lowie.....i was going nut's trying to get the Bean part!

Hi Wheeler.....i love all you mentioned too.....i just love to laugh!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM

I remember Red Skelton, too. My Grandad used to put it on for me. I like Abbott and Costello also but not the 3 stooges. I watch The Little Rascals/Our Gang reruns on AMC all the time. I loved Johnny Carson-he didn't have to say a word -just stand there and everyone would just crack up! Have never gotten used to Jay Leno though, maybe it's the timing.