MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My heartbreak

Twilight

I have written about my DD before.Now I am facing the truth.

DD left home when she was 19 and has lived away from home

since that time. I noticed she became very uncomfortable about

church and she finally quit going.

She moved to the city and is pursuing her dream.

I have bought a home and am remodeling it and trying to not feel

so alone.

I have noticed my DD is no longer the beautiful person she has

always been.She is wearing totally different type of clothes

and they do not become her.

I finally asked her why and she said the rules I guided her by

did not make sense. I bought her up on the Bible- the 10 commandments.

She has cast these commandments aside.

She has never wanted anyone to tell her what to do, but to turn against the Bible

is not something I ever thought she would go that far.

I can say nothing.

Right now there is envy as she says she has to work for her living

while I have money. What I have came from saving the salary I got

from very hard work.I plan on getting a job but it will be far companionship

more so than anything.

At times I hurt so badly that I can neither eat nor sleep and sometimes

hardly function due this extreme pain of the loss of my daughter.

God has said He would never put more on us than we can bear. He has not ...

but still this grief ........ He had all his disciples run away in time his

time of greatest need. Who am I to complain.

Let her go. Some people are driven to test the world firsthand. You must hold your own peace as she finds her way. And, if it's meant to be, her way will--sooner or later--circle back to join yours. Only she will be an adult, scarred as all adults are, and when she returns it will be because she has freely chosen your way.

Notice that I am not suggesting you fund her explorations.

((((((twilight))))) i can hear your heart breaking in your post--i will pray hard for you as a mom who has been put through the wringer by her dd and came out the other side to tell about it

((((Twilight))))

Maybe she has to find her own way to realise her mother has a big place in her life.

Setting a child free is so hard....

Oh dear. ((Twilight)) Yes, let her go-- some people do need to find out first hand. In some ways, I was once of them. But, pray for her. One of the early great theologians of the church, St. Augustine, was a wild guy who spent his days partying, indulging in "women of ill repute", and embracing all the pagan lifestyle had to offer. His mother, Monica, was a devout Christian, and prayed for him all the time. Eventually, Augustine converted-- and then wrote some of the foundational books of western theology, and became the Bishop of Hippo.

I can't imagine how terrible this is for you, how heartbreaking. . . maybe Monica can be an inspiration. Pray for your daughter, love her, but otherwise, let her go. Let her face the world she so desperately wants to embrace. I think these are the only things you can do, now.

It is not that I want or even expect her to live with me. I know she has her own life to pursue. It is the fact that she has gone so different a direction that she has no God, that she is living a totally selfish life. She is not happy, you can see it in her face.How anyone with such a bright beautiful smiling face can change so much to a forced smile, and no joy. No matter our age we still have to look up to someone, she has no one.

I am thankful as I am going through this day that when it has seemed I could not go on.....God has been there for me. I am glad I do not have the whole world on my shoulders. If you do not have God to carry the load.....It is mighty full of turmoil.

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6 she will come back--it has already been decided

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6 she will come back--it has already been decided

Deerslayer beat me to it. :)

(((Twilight))) I'm praying for you and your dd. That would be such a heartbreak.

• 2 weeks later...

Prayers for you and your DD!!! So sorry to hear your pain!!

• 3 months later...

I am of the opinon that faith learned by experience is stronger than faith followed by childhood obedience. Perhaps that is a bit buddhist of me, but i've seen it over and over.

I have a daughter who is done with church as well, but she is very young. It's hard though, trying to maintain your own peace when everything your kid does is hell bent on destroying your peace, that's where I am living now.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))

Archived