MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

theft

Guest Guest

ARgh! My 17 yr old son, Sam, just called me from work. He had to go to a music practice when he gets off and so put his guitar, amplifier, microphones, foot pedals, etc. in the car. While he was working, someone broke into the car and stole it. WE do have insurance but the deductible is large.

So,for those of you who pray, I'd appreciate your prayers on this. His music equipment is not just a want in his case, but a need. He has been working on the music he will do next month when he enters a competition to get a scholarship to the college where he hopes to study contemporary Christian music. He also makes money on the side doing gigs at a couple of Christian coffee houses and plays with the worship group at church. So please pray that he will find a really nice subsitute guitar & stuff for a really, really good price. He is quite devestated and discouraged.

LadyTiana, I will certainly pray! I know the power of prayer...my sister is a missionary in Senegal, West Africa. Early this year, while on her furlough, she was able to buy a nice laptop computer to use on the field. Back in Senegal, her computer was stolen during one of the muslim festivities. She didn't get hurt like another missionary did the same day as his laptop got stolen...PTL! While my parents were here this summer home from the field, we were able to raise enough money to buy my sister abother laptop, better than the one she had to beggin with! PTL!!! So I will pray the same for your son. He using this for the Lord's glory, so I will pray that the Lord will do something where we can all just stand back and see His work. He is faithful. My sister has been praying for the guy who stole her computer, hoping that he will come to know the Lord. I admire her for that, since I think I would probably pray that he would fall and break his leg smile.gif. But, it is the more Christ-like thing to do. Can you imagin if someone walked up to your son someday to ask forgiveness and offer restoration? That's the kind of thing our Lord can do! In the meantime, I'll pray that the equipment will be replaced...and that your son will feel comforted...what he went through is not a nice feeling.

May the Lord bless you!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

P.S. I know the Lord answers prayer, so I'll look forward to hearing what the Lord did! Please be sure and let us know!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!