MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
WormGuy

A Prep test

what if they missed an answer on a question?! I mean I know one of the answers on What are the 4 factors that cause immediate deterioration of food storage? should be A hungry family and they seem to have forgotten that factor!! So obviously the quiz is faulty!! Heck a Hungry teenager alone is a risk factor add his/her friends and termination of food storage could be imminent!! :grinning-smiley-044:

I missed 2....numbers 8 and 9. How'd you do Wormie?

I missed 2, one was the Mre's.

:wormie2:

John

Although I know what MRE's are, I really don't know anything about them. Now my father had some old fashioned sea rations and they were NASTY!!! Even the chocolate was bad..How in the heck do you mess up chocolate, you ask? It had some sort of toffee in it. However, the toffee didn't taste good and it sort of cut your gums as you tried to eat it! :shakinghead:

I missed number 3.

Lol, no clue how long MRE's are ok for since we never had one here.

Also no clue what they recommend so I cut out the wrong one.

All in all, not bad but this test seems too FEMA oriented perhaps?

I know diddly about MREs except that I have no intention of ever eating one!

A #10 can holds a specific volume of 13 cups. It does not hold a range of cups depending on the food so they were wrong.

I didn't know the 7 basics included seeds. They were talking storage foods so I checked the one with spices. Seeds aren't storage food. They are for sustainability.

So there.

What strikes me is that not many that took the test value the MRE's . Is it because we look at longer term prepping and stashing food is just part of it?

Being able to grow or breed food is much more valued imo.

What say you?

What strikes me is that not many that took the test value the MRE's . Is it because we look at longer term prepping and stashing food is just part of it?

Being able to grow or breed food is much more valued imo.

What say you?

I agree completely. MRE's are overrated and overpriced!

I try to store what we eat so I can rotate my preps. MRE's would only be used in a catastrophic situation so I don't spend the money on them, consequently I don't know a whole lot about them.

Christy, I don't eat "convenience" food at all. It makes me sick and usually will cause an arthritis and/or Lupus flair. Lately, even pasteurizing the milk will cause a flair.

Christy, I don't eat "convenience" food at all. It makes me sick and usually will cause an arthritis and/or Lupus flair. Lately, even pasteurizing the milk will cause a flair.

Whoah there, completely off topic but I'm slowly recovering from a very nasty flare. Been banging my head against the wall cos that pain was homeopathic in comparison of what was happening, seriously.

I avoid convenience food as much as possible and do not drink a lot of milk. You get a flare from pasteurized milk?

Oh yowzers, that is something to look into.

Thank you for this heads up.

Missed 2. Had the one about improving water flavor correct and then changed it. I thought that spices were considered a necessity to avoid appetite fatigue.

I got the MRE question correct but BIL is AF and he has given DH a few to try and he's picked up a few over the years. Can't say I was willing to try them though (DH is/was/earned his Eagle Scout so he looks at me like I'm a wimp because I won't try them and don't like to tent camp.)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.