MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whose been listening to Christmas Music?

I confess! I have been. I have some great cd's. If you like Judy Collins her Christmas CD " Live at the Biltmore," is great and Manheim Steamroller with Chip Davis as usual gives some great holiday tunes. Its time to pull out the Christmas Tapes and DVD's.

I think I will start watching them this weekend beginning with Emmet Otters Jug Band Christmas a little Jim Henson ditty thats wonderful for big kids as well as little ones. Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation will make a nice touch to The Saturday evening movie fest also.

The stores started selling halloween candy in August, and they are pushing Christmas already even though we haven't even made it into NOVEMBER yet! What ever happened to THANKSGIVING?!?!?!?!?!?

I think I will wait a while before I start watching the Santa Clause, etc. I only hope that the networks wait a little while too.

------------------

09_11flag.gifmidnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

Someone say Chip Davis and Mannheim Steamroller? I have a Christmas Video of his that I play all year round. Great to watch the snowey pictures while it's a 100+ outside. We also have a video of a Claymation Christmas that the kids and I just love. About Thanksgiving is when I breakout all the Christmas CD's.

Hey, Wheeler... it it the one with the strange dinosaurs, "Here We Come A-Waffling" (LOL), ice skating walruses (? I think), and California Raisins?

My kids love that one, too!!! grin.gif

Well, I kinda do, too... *blush*

reci, were you listening in at my house last week? I pulled out some of my Christmas music when the kids were at school & got lost in it, doing dishes. smile.gif

Usually I pull them out during the hot days of July, to surprise the kids. By now, the teens just roll their eyes (but I catch them humming them later! LOL).

Thanksgiving Day (USA) - 51 days

Christmas - 78 days

(closer than you think!!!)

------------------

cat.jpg

I got excited when i saw the name Chip....but thought it was Chip-munks.....Alvan and the Chipmunks CHristmas music........now we're talkin......hahahaha

Side note to Wheeler....HI !!((((BIG SMILE)))

Yike's Cat!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited October 09, 2002).]

Howdy Debbielee, hope you've been doing good.

The Chipmunks Rule.....It rates up there with

"Grandma Got Ran over by a Reindeer". LOL

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler

Cat you and I are kindred spirits along with Wheeler! Those old tapes. cd's and Christmas movies get dusted off and listened too and watched when the July heat is steaming.

Isn't Chip Davis great Wheeler? I didn't know he had a video out. I will have to check in all the local stores soon to see if I can find a copy.

Reci, I believe he has two videos out now.

One of them is called "Christmas in the Aire".

Mine was copied off a PBS presentation.

The only place that I've seen them are on Amazon.com

I'm planning on ordering them this year.

Have you heard the CD "Mannheim does Mickey"

They do all Disney songs. It's Fantastic.

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler

[This message has been edited by Wheeler (edited October 10, 2002).]

Has anyone ever heard the take-off on the Chestnuts roasting song? It starts out "Chipmonks roasting on an open fire, hot sauce dripping from their toes-etc. It really goes downhill from there too.

I like Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation but I also like Lost in Paradise-I think it's another classic along with Home Alone.

Snappie.....i must be sick....cuz that's such a hoot......"hot sauce dripping from their toes".......thanks for the laugh.....that's one i haven't heard!!

Christmas is'nt Christmas with out Clark Grizwold....Grizwald......you know Chevy!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited October 12, 2002).]

All this Christmas talk....I am getting anxious to watch a Christmas Movie. We usually start watching them in November. My favorite movie is "White Christmas." My hubby likes "A Christmas Story." After almost 5 years of marriage, that movie is starting to grow on me. We have practically every Christmas movie on video. Miracle on 34th street (new and old version), Santa Claus, It's a Wonderful Life....oh, I can't wait to start watching them! smile.gif