MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SNOW SNOW SNOW in my forecast for Monday

Dee

We very rarely get snow here in our part of southern England, just the occasionsl flurry that doesn't lie long, or is gone by next morning. The village does look very pretty when it has a covering, but that doesn't happen often. The people around here aren't very good at coping with even that amount of snow - they see it as a disaster. I was brought up in Scotland adn miss my snowy winters. I don't envy some of the weather that you in the US get, though; we get reports of it on our weather forecasts. Hope it's not too bad for anyone this year.

Our winters have been very mild over the past 15 years lowlander. Last Christmas it was in the upper 70 degrees and seemed more like summer. We use to have snowfalls that would practically bury your cars and parts of our homes they were so bad and it took people days to shovel out of their homes. Either the heavy snows knocked out our electric or a good ice storm left us in the dark for a couple of days to a few weeks also.

The enviroment has sure changed alot since I was younger. Pretty soon all our snow will shift south for the winter while we have the south US's balmy and warm weather.

"I'm dreaming of a White Christmas"....I couldn't help myself! Maybe if I start to listen to Christmas music we can get snow too! smile.gif We love the snow, but we live in a desert area that may get a little snow 1-2 times a year. They close all the schools if there is an inch on the ground! LOL!!!!!! It's a good idea though, because people around here don't know how to drive in the snow. One year, I was sent home early from work due to the snow. I was driving nice and slow, and next thing I know, this car is skidding right towards me. It stopped within a foot of my car. It was a teenage boy, and he looked terrified. I thought for sure he would hit me.

I hope you enjoy the flurries! smile.gif Have a nice warm cup of tea for me and take in the beauty! smile.gif