MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Nook and Kindle FREEBIES

If you don't have a kindle or nook you can download the app from either site for free on your iphone, computer or ipad.

I have started a group on Facebook where we are listing FREE books and VERY CHEAP books. I just finished listing TONS of free ones today. If you are interested look the group up on Facebook. It's called Nook and Kindle Deals

If you don't have Facebook let me know and I will try to start posting them here as well.

Been out-of-pocket with more family drama.....doing this is helping me remain calm...LOL

If you have an amazon.com account you can download their free kindle for pc and then you download the free kindle ebooks of your choice. They do change what they offer. Its an instant download. It takes a little patience to download the kindle for pc, a bit awkward but I did get it done and spent time downloading alot of the classics and such and have bought some of my favorite books to read over some time. Makes the Gabaldon Outlander series portable if there is electricity to keep the battery charged after a while. I have a laptop.

I have a bunch of the freebies! you can adjust the font size which helps if you don't find your reading glasses lol. It works well.

Edited by arby

I'm going to start listing some of the FREE books and maybe some of the cheap ones as well. I'm providing a link for each one and trying to add a synopsis for those of you on dial up. If it is free for Nook and Kindle I will provide a one link you can pull up the store you need and type in the title to search it under kindle ebooks or nookbooks to find the appropriate one. Any questions let me know. Hope this helps you load your shelves for free.

.01 on Kindle and Nook but when I purchased it my receipt said Free

The Center of Everything

http://www.amazon.com/The-Center-of-Everything-ebook/dp/B002EBDPFU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1304781221&sr=1-1

For 10-year-old Evelyn Bucknow, there really is no place like home. On all the world maps she's ever seen, the United States has been smack dab in the middle, with Kansas in the middle of that. "I feel so lucky to live here, right in the center," she proclaims, in Moriarty's wonderfully down-to-earth debut. Dazzled by visions of Ronald Reagan on the television, the twinkle in his eye and his contention that "God put America between two oceans on purpose," Evelyn's youthful optimism is shaken by her young single mother Tina's inability to take control of her life. As Tina falls for her married boss, who gives her a car (his contribution to the trickle-down theory) but leaves her pregnant and shattered, Evelyn grows closer to her neighbor, a curly-haired scamp named Travis (who has eyes only for Evelyn's stunning friend, Deena) and her Bible-thumping grandmother, a regular listener to Jerry Falwell's radio show. As a teenager, she is influenced by a couple of liberal-minded teachers, one an emigre from New York and the other an introverted biology instructor intent on teaching evolution, but she never cuts her family ties. With renewed faith in her scatterbrained but endearing mother and with college on the horizon, she begins to find her place in the social and political spectrum and to appreciate the vastness of a world that just might extend beyond the Sunflower State. Moriarty deftly treads the line between adolescence and adulthood, and insecurity and self-assurance, offering a moving portrait of life in blue-collar middle America.

Free on Nook

Fixing Freddie

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Fixing-Freddie/Paula-Munier/e/9781440507366

There are bad dogs—and then there are bad beagles.

In this hilarious and heartwarming memoir, single mother Paula Munier takes on the world's worst beagle—and loses every time. She tries everything to fix Freddie—but nothing really works. As her youngest son grows up and prepares to leave her soon-to-be empty nest, Paula's worst fear is that after more than thirty years of raising kids, she'll be left all alone—with Freddie.

Free on Kindle

Love a La Carte

http://www.amazon.com/Love-a-la-Carte-ebook/dp/B004XHYZAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1304781478&sr=1-1

A romantic short story from the author of FIREWORKS OVER TOCCOA and THE ORCHARD (coming out July, 2011).

In THE ORCHARD (July, 2011), Grace Lyndon is a rising ingenue in the world of perfumes and flavors; a stiletto-wearing, work-a-holic in Atlanta, she develops aromas and tastes to enthrall the senses. Dylan Jackson is a widowed single father whose heart and hands have been calloused in the fields of his North Georgia apple farm. When Grace happens to taste an apple picked from Dylan’s trees, it changes both their lives forever.

In LOVE A LA CARTE, Dylan cooks a romantic dinner for Grace—stuck all evening at work. By the end of the delicious evening, Grace realizes that she’s beginning to fall for the handsome and caring Dylan…

Free on Kindle and Nook

Hide in Plain Sight

http://www.amazon.com/Hide-in-Plain-Sight-ebook/dp/B001R4GNT0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1304781582&sr=1-1

"Please God, if you're listening, keep Rachel safe." She couldn't turn her back on her family in their time of need. So when her sister was injured, financial expert Andrea Hampton traded the big city for Amish country to help turn her grandmother's house into an inn. But life with the Plain People took a treacherous turn when a string of accidents and pranks threatened her family. Someone didn't want the secrets the old house harbored to come to light. Trusting anyone—even the handsome carpenter who seemed so genuine—was a battle for Andrea, but her life depended on her ability to find the truth.

Free on Kindle and Nook

Tailor Made Bride

http://www.amazon.com/Tailor-Made-Bride-A-ebook/dp/B003N64I60/ref=sr_1_98?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1304459606&sr=1-98

Witemeyer's debut will grab fans in the historical romance crowd. She blends lively writing, storytelling prowess, and enough romance to keep readers satisfied. Hannah Richards opens her dress shop in 1881 Coventry, Tex., with little more than a dream to help women add beauty to their lives. Livery owner Jericho Tucker, however, finds nothing beautiful in her plans. Despite J.T's antagonism and Hannah's strong will, the pair find ways to meet in the middle and come out together. Sidelights include matchmaking on Hannah's part, a sinister rival, dangerous floodwaters, and two people who truly desire to follow Christ. Readers will ponder, with J.T. and Hannah, the difference between beauty and vanity: You may see a room full of harmless fashions, but if you open your eyes, you'll find that, in truth, it is filled with the temptations to indulge in sinful vanity, he says. If God had wanted the world to be a somber, colorless place, he would have made everything in black and gray, she says. Thought-provoking and entertaining faith-based fiction for sure. (June)

Free on Nook

Traveling Light by Max Lucado

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Traveling-Light/Max-Lucado/e/9781418578589/?itm=1&USRI=traveling+lightWeary travelers. You've seen them-everything they own crammed into their luggage. Staggering through terminals and hotel lobbies with overstuffed suitcases, trunks, duffels and backpacks.

Backs ache. Feet burn. Eyelids droop. We've all seen people like that. At times, we are people like that-if not with our physical luggage, then at least with our spiritual load. We all lug loads we were never intended to carry. Fear. Worry. Discontent. No wonder we get so weary. We're worn out from carrying that excess baggage. Wouldn't it be nice to lose some of those bags? That's the invitation of Max Lucado. With the twenty-third Psalm as our guide, let's release some of the burdens we were never intended to bear.

Free on Nook and Kindle

Two Wars

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Wars-ebook/dp/B001EW5238/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1304782339&sr=1-1

Former army ranger Nate Self, a hero from the Robert’s Ridge rescue in Afghanistan, tells his whole story—from the pulse-pounding battle in the mountains of Afghanistan to the high-stakes battle he has waged against post traumatic stress disorder. This book will become a go-to book for understanding the long-term effects of the war on terror. Thousands of families are fighting this battle, and Nate opens up his life—including his successes, tragedies, struggles with thoughts of suicide—to show how his faith and his family pulled him through.

In a nutshell:

• Excellent book for military familes trying to cope with the family pressures of a soldier's active duty.
  • Inspirational book for a soldier struggling with post traumatic stress disorder.
  • Helps readers understand the importance of faith in dealing with the war.
  • An up-close-and-personal account of the war on terror; and the story of one soldier’s faith.
  • An insider’s account of Robert’s Ridge Rescue in Afghanistan.

Free on Nook and Kindle

Homespun Bride

http://www.amazon.com/Homespun-Bride-ebook/dp/B0013TPYY4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1304782463&sr=1-1

Montana Territory in 1883 was a dangerous place—especially for a blind woman struggling to make her way through an early winter snowstorm. Undaunted, Noelle Kramer fought to remain independent. But then a runaway horse nearly plunged her into a rushing, ice-choked river, before a stranger's strong, sure hand saved her from certain death. And yet this was no stranger.Though she could not know it, her rescuer was rancher Thad McKaslin, the man who had once loved her more than life itself. Losing her had shaken all his most deeply held beliefs. Now he wondered if the return of this strong woman was a sign that somehow he could find his way home.

Free on Kindle

Daughter of Joy

http://www.amazon.com/Daughter-Brides-Culdee-Creek-ebook/dp/B001GMAQPU/ref=pd_sim_kinc_3?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2

In this spectacular new series, Morgan, an acclaimed writer of historical and futuristic romances, turns her deft pen to the Christian market to reflect a personal change. Abigail Stanton, who recently lost her husband and child, moves to Culdee Creek to become a housekeeper for Conor MacKay, a man whose previous housekeepers warmed more than dinner. Abby makes it clear that she won't tolerate any disreputable advances on his part, but she feels God led her to this ranch and this family for a purpose. As she grows to love Conor and his daughter, her faith inspires Conor to believe that there might just be something to this idea of religion. This wonderful start is for all collections.

Free on Kindle

Love Me if You Must

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Patricia-Amble-Mystery-ebook/dp/B0046LU0KY/ref=pd_sim_kinc_4?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2

A run-down Victorian to renovate, a past to leave behind--who has time for romance...or murder? Patricia Amble, Tish to her friends, has gotten her life together. She's renovating an old, rambling Victorian house in a small town outside of Detroit, and the fixer-upper should net her a big profit when she resells. Romance is right next door, with two attractive neighbors vying for her affection. But even their persistent attentions can't dispel the sense of unease Tish feels. Voices whisper out of nowhere . . . and something odd is going on in the basement. Soon, Tish begins to question her decision to buy the old house. When a dead body turns up her own dark secrets make her a prime suspect in the current chaos. And is either of her attractive neighbors really who he says he is? What is going on just under the surface of this sleepy small town?

Free on Kindle

Relentless

http://www.amazon.com/Relentless-Dominion-Trilogy-1-ebook/dp/B003F77BU2/ref=pd_sim_kinc_5?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Parrish's latest opens upon a world so tilted--people are "shifted" into new bodies, while their old bodies and personalities proceed--that it brings Philip K. Dick to mind. Gradually, the Dick-like paranoia itself shifts into flourishes of sword-and-sorcery and a cast of characters rather like X-Men. Psychokinesis is the theme, and Parrish makes it seem plausible, as his reluctant hero, Collin Boyd/Grant Borrows, discovers his powers in a kind of spiritual journey. The cliff-hanging plot mostly holds up, and the pace is, well, relentless. It's almost as though Parrish has too much talent and can't quite bring it under control. Nonetheless, another of Bethany's sf writers, Randall Ingermanson comes to mind, and Parrish is every bit as skilled. John Mort

Free on Nook and Kindle

Soul Identity

http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Identity-ebook/dp/B000ZHD9VU/ref=pd_sim_kinc_5?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2

You can't take it with you...but what if you could?

Most people believe their souls outlive their bodies. Most people would find an organization that tracks their souls into the future and passes on their banked money and memories compelling.

Scott Waverly isn't like most people. He spends his days finding and fixing computer security holes. And Scott is skeptical of his new client's claim that they have been calculating and tracking soul identities for almost twenty-six hundred years.

Are they running a freaky cult? Or a sophisticated con job?

Scott needs to save Soul Identity from an insider attack. Along the way, he discovers the importance of the bridges connecting people's lives

Free on Nook

Wildflowers of Terezin

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Wildflowers-of-Terezin/Robert-Elmer/e/9781426715303/?itm=1&USRI=wildflowers+of+terezin

When nurse Hanne Abrahamsen impulsively shields Steffen Petersen from a nosy Gestapo agent, she's convinced the Lutheran pastor is involved in the Danish Underground. Nothing could be further from the truth. But truth is hard to come by in the fall of 1943, when Copenhagen is placed under Martial Law and Denmark's Jews-including Hanne-suddenly face deportation to the Nazi prison camp at Terezin, Czechoslovakia. Days darken and danger mounts. Steffen's faith deepens as he takes greater risks to protect Hanne. But are either of them willing to pay the ultimate price for their love?

Free on Nook and Kindle

Secret in Salem

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=EBOOK&WRD=secret+in+salem&box=secret%20in%20salem&pos=-1&ugrp=2

Salems secrets, scandals, and lies...

Free on Nook and Kindle

SEALed with a Kiss

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/SEALed-with-a-Kiss/e/9781402236037

Navy SEAL Jax Graham knows how to handle any situation except dealing with his four-year-old-son, Tyler. With his on-the-go job, Jax has not been a constant in his son’s daily life. He expected to leave Tyler with his mother-in-law as legal guardian but must now make a final decision about custody or the job he loves. While staying at his mother-in-law’s beach house in North Carolina, Jax’s frustration level is going into overload until therapist Pickett Sessoms steps in. Jax is impressed with Pickett’s communication skills, so when a hurricane threatens, he cajoles her into letting him and his son stay at her inland home so he can get parenting tips. What he does not bargain for is the attraction he feels toward this high-maintenance woman. Daughtridge delivers a well-written romance that is simultaneously tender and sensuous. --Patty Engelmann

Free on Nook

WORDS

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Words/Ginny-Yttrup/e/9781433673368/?itm=1&USRI=words

An abused girl who refuses to speak but takes solace in memorizing words from a dictionary meets a struggling artist also in need of the true living Word-Jesus Christ.

Free on kindle and Nook

The Shephard

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shepherd-ebook/dp/B004IZMQG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1304783793&sr=1-1

Marcus Williams and Francis Ackerman Jr. both have a talent for hurting people. Marcus, a former New York City homicide detective, uses his abilities to protect others, while Ackerman uses his gifts to inflict pain and suffering. When both men become unwilling pawns in a conspiracy that reaches to the highest levels of our government, Marcus finds himself in a deadly game of cat and mouse trapped between a twisted psychopath and a vigilante with seemingly unlimited resources. Aided by a rogue FBI agent and the vigilante's beautiful daughter -a woman with whom he's quickly falling in love- Marcus must expose the deadly political conspiracy and confront his past while hunting down one of the most cunning and ruthless killers in the world.

Free on Nook

Soft Apocalypse

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Soft-Apocalypse/Will-McIntosh/e/9781597803076/?itm=1&USRI=soft+apocalypse

What happens when resources become scarce and society starts to crumble? As the competition for resources pulls America's previously stable society apart, the "New Normal" is a Soft Apocalypse. This is how our world ends; with a whimper instead of a bang

Im fixing to run and get some chores done. Hoping for some "me" time today....when I get back I will post some more

I STRONGLY recommend that you DL Nook and Kindle apps for your computer, phone whatever because you will get more books.

I also STRONGLY recommend that you DL these quickly because many free books go back to regular price quickly....some linger....but no point in taking a chance. If you don't like the book delete and you are out of nothing.

It may help to open an amazon and barnes and noble tab just to search the books instead of clicking the link but you'll see what works best for you.

IF there is a interest here at Mrs. S then I will continue the thread here as well as on FB. I love a good read and sharing a good deal.

I may also start a "bargain thread" of books....I have found many $2.99 and less that are great reads.....I lean more toward the .99 books though unless it is lendable between my friend and I.

Let me know if you find anything!!

Thanks for posting. Found a couple I hadn't seen yet. Always snatching up any I might be interested in reading in the future - sometimes a title is offered for free for only a day or two. In the past 2 years I've downloaded over 200 books for Kindle and at least that many in epub for the nook.

For those who are wondering, there are tons of wonderful freebies, including nonfiction. Several different versions of the Bible, some Christian non-fiction, history books, test prep books. Occasionally a cookbook. More fiction than not though - lots of classics that are no longer under copyright,of course, but also recently published sci fi and fantasy (esp. urban fantasy) and tons of Christian fiction.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!! Been a bit busy lately and haven't been around. This month is a Readers Jackpot!!! Lots of free books......guess it's b/c the beginning of summer. Also a lot of publishers have marked books down....Waaaay down!!! I may start a thread for cheap books too.

My internet is acting crazy so I want to try to get this up there asap....I may not put a link for each book. I'll put name, author, where its free and a synopsis...then you can pull it up on Amazon or B&N.

Again, I would not wait long on this b/c prices could change at any time.

Free on Nook and Kindle

They Almost Always Come Home by Cynthia Ruchti

When Libby's husband Greg fails to return from a two-week canoe trip to the Canadian wilderness, the authorities soon write off his disappearance as an unhappy husband's escape from an empty marriage and unrewarding career. Their marriage might have survived if their daughter Lacey hadn't died . . . and if Greg hadn't been responsible. Libby enlists the aid of her wilderness savvy father-in-law and her faith-walking best friend to help her search for clues to her husband's disappearance . . . if for no other reason than to free her to move on. What the trio discovers in the search upends Libby's presumptions about her husband and rearranges her faith.

Free on Nook only

Blood in the Marsh by Ciana Stone

This is a Vampire type book

From here down all books are free on Nook.....most likely are free on Kindle as well but you will need to check

When Hell is the Favourable Option by David Jaundrell

You will find the H series of thrillers different.

The first is different, but the others will be like nothing you have ever read before......

H is the nickname for James James who we join as he starts on his road, building a business that will take him far away from his past....

H deals with all obstacles, including his enemies, with ruthless determination.

The inventiveness with which he disposes of his rivals features largely and the brutality can at times be extreme.

However H has a natural empathy for the weak and vulnerable which provides the motivation for much of his brutality and cruelty.

This caring side of H endears him to Benshima, an equally intriguing personality

The H books abound with an amazing cast of colourful, rounded but often deeply flawed characters; and throughout a strand of dark, ironic humour that keeps you involved until the very last page......

Seduced by the Wolf by Terry Spear

Fascinating aspects of real-life wolf behavior based on extensive research on how wolves live in the wild make Terry Spear's werewolf paranormal series stand out and attract a growing audience. The fifth in the series features heroine Cassie Roux, a biologist who has studied wolves for years, trying to prove to the world they're not evil predators. A red lupus garou (werewolf), who lost her pack and was raised by real wolves, she has dedicated her life to their preservation. Leidolf Wildhaven is a red lupus garou pack leader who has more troubles than he ever thought possible, what with running a pack, a ranch, and other businesses. When Cassie—a rare red female— is spotted in his territory, Leidolf figures he's found the answer to his pack's threatened extinction. Only the headstrong woman has other priorities

Cotillion by Georgette Heyer

The three nephews of cantankerous Mr Penicuik know better than to ignore his summons, especially when it concerns the bestowal of his fortune. Eager to put an end to the attentions of all the fortune-hunting men who pursued her, Miss Kitty Charing fled to London with Freddy Standen, a confirmed bachelor. Kitty found life in the exciting city more wonderful than she ever imagined, but was it the city or the man who brought her newfound happiness? Regency romance reissue.

Dating Mr. December by Phillipa Ashley

After a disastrous discovery loses Emma Tremayne both her boyfriend and her high-profile PR job in London, she moves to the Lake District to recover her confidence and live a simpler life. She loves her new job with the tourist board, and she's settling into small town life just fine-until she ends up responsible for a fundraising effort that calls for twelve naked mountain rescuers...

More Free ebooks from Nook......most likely Kindle too

Prisoner in the Third Cell by Gene Edwards

Imprisoned by Herod, John the Baptist struggles to understand a Lord who did not meet his expectations—a dramatic account offering insight into the ways of God

The Affectionate Adversary by Catherine Palmer

Charles Locke is risking everything to make his fortune in a tea-trading enterprise. Sarah Carlyle believes money is the root of all evil and is determined to be rid of her fortune. When Charles and Sarah are thrown together at sea, their hearts are unexpectedly bound. But when Sarah discovers Charles's hunger for money and Charles discovers Sarah's fortune, their love is suddenly in question. Can Sarah give her heart to a man motivated by money? And does Charles truly love her—or does he love her fortune?

Apocalypse Dawn by Mel Odom

From the decks of U.S. Navy carriers patrolling the Mediterranean to Fort Benning, Georgia, and the dusty sands of the Turkish-Syrian border, this new suspense thriller runs side by side with the phenomenal series that has sold more than 50 million copies.New characters and situations are added to those from the already explosive Left Behind series to raise the tension to a fever pitch. With technical accuracy from the same people who create best-selling military thrillers, this new series will satisfy the fans of the original Left Behind series who are looking for more

Invisible by Lorena McCourtney

She's not your average crime fighter! Meet Ivy Malone, an inconspicuous older woman who has a mutant curiosity gene that often lands her in trouble. Unlike most women her age, she snoops and pries her gray-haired self into one hilarious escapade after another. So when vandals romp through the local cemetery, Ivy can't help but put her snooping eyes to work as she launches her own unofficial investigation. Despite her unconventional sleuthing, Ivy soon becomes discouraged by her failure to turn up any solid clues. And after Ivy witnesses something ominous and unexplained, she can't resist putting her investigative powers to work again. Even the authorities' attempts to keep her out of danger and her nosy neighbor's match-making schemes can't slow Ivy down. But will the determination that fuels this persistent, spunky sleuth threaten her very safety? "I laughed out loud. McCourtney's charming mystery debuts a voice both enchanting and startling."-Colleen Coble, author of Without a Trace McCourtney's skill at blending whimsy, quirks, and questions into a lead character makes Invisible a must read."-Lois Richer, author of Dangerous Sanctuary "Invisible is a treat! Ivy Malone is a heroine with spunk and determination!"-Carol Cox, author of A Stitch in Time

Stuck in the Middle by Virginia Smith

Joan Sanderson's life is stuck. Her older sister, Allie, is starting a family, and her younger sister, Tori, has a budding career. Meanwhile, Joan is stuck at home with Mom and her aging grandmother. Not exactly a recipe for excitement—or romance. When a hunky young doctor moves in next door, Joan sets out to catch his eye. But it won't be easy. Pretty Tori flirts relentlessly, and Joan is sure that she can't compete. But with a little help from God, Allie, and an enormous mutt with bad manners, Joan begins to find her way out of this rut and into the life she's been hiding from.Book 1 of the Sister-to-Sister series, Stuck in the Middle combines budding romance, soul searching, and a healthy dose of sibling rivalry that is sure to make you smile."A gentle story of one young woman's season of growth, deftly blending the tangle of family relationships with gifts of whimsy and revelation. A joy to read."—Sharon Hinck, author of Renovating Becky Miller and Symphony of Secrets"Virginia Smith has created a charming and humorous novel that celebrates small-town life, generations of women caring for each other, and the value of finding a deeper, more active faith."—Sharon Dunn, author of the Bargain Hunters mysteriesVirginia Smith is a writer of humorous novels, a speaker, and an avid scuba diver. She launched her career as a novelist with the release Just As I Am in 2006, and has been writing fiction ever since. She and her husband, Ted, divide their...

Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson

Ever wonder how Italian sounds with a Southern drawl? Bella Rossi's life is just starting to get interesting. When her Italian-turned-Texan parents hand over the family wedding-planning business, Bella quickly books a Boot-Scootin' wedding that would make any Texan proud. There's only one catch—she doesn't know a thing about country music. Where will she find a deejay on such short notice who knows his Alan Jackson from his George Strait? And will Bella ever get to plan her own wedding? Fun, fresh, and full of surprises, this flavorful combination of Italian and Tex-Mex highlights the hilarity that ensues when cultures clash. "I fell in love with the Rossi clan, who feel as passionately about their pizza as Texans do about chili. Add a hunky cowboy with a slow Southern drawl, and you've got a recipe for one terrific story."—Virginia Smith, author, Stuck in the Middle "A charming tale about stumbling upon love and finding a bit of your true self along life's journey. This fun read makes you grateful for the truly important things in life."—Megan DiMaria, author, Searching for Spice and Out of Her Hands Janice Thompson is a seasoned romance author and native Texan. An experienced wedding coordinator herself, Thompson brings alive in her books the everyday drama and humor of getting married. She lives in Texas.

Life's a Beach by Claire Cook

By the bestselling author of Must Love Dogs, the story of two grown-up sisters who fight like cats and dogs -- but call each other at least twice a day Luckily for her legions of fans, Claire Cook returns with another sparkling romantic comedy that's reminiscent of Must Love Dogs in all the right ways, but very much its own animal -- about a relationship-challenged single woman, her quirky-to-put-it-mildly extended family, and the summer the shark movie came to town. Life's a bit of a beach these days for Ginger Walsh, who's single at forty-one and living back home in the family FROG (Finished Room Over Garage). She's hoping for a more fulfilling life as a sea glass artist, but instead is babysitting her sister's kids and sharing overnights with Noah, her sexy artist boyfriend with commitment issues and a dog Ginger's cat isn't too crazy about. Geri, her BlackBerry-obsessed sister, is also nearly over the deep end about her pending fiftieth birthday (and might just drag Ginger with her). Toss in a dumpster-picking father, a Kama Sutra T-shirt-wearing mother, a movie crew come to town with a very cute gaffer, an on-again-off-again glassblower boyfriend, plus a couple of Red Hat realtors, and hilarity ensues. The perfect summer read, Life's a Beach is a warm, witty, and wise look at what it takes to move forward at any stage in life.

Love Me If You Must by Nicole Young

A run-down Victorian to renovate, a past to leave behind--who has time for romance...or murder? Patricia Amble, Tish to her friends, has gotten her life together. She's renovating an old, rambling Victorian house in a small town outside of Detroit, and the fixer-upper should net her a big profit when she resells. Romance is right next door, with two attractive neighbors vying for her affection. But even their persistent attentions can't dispel the sense of unease Tish feels. Voices whisper out of nowhere . . . and something odd is going on in the basement. Soon, Tish begins to question her decision to buy the old house. When a dead body turns up her own dark secrets make her a prime suspect in the current chaos. And is either of her attractive neighbors really who he says he is? What is going on just under the surface of this sleepy small town? Find out in this engaging debut of the Patricia Amble Mystery series. Nicole Young has a degree in communications and has earned several awards for speechwriting and presentation. In 2004 she won the Noble Award for the Best First Chapter from the American Christian Romance Writers. Nicole lives with her family in Michigan. This is her first novel.

Relentless by Robin Parrish

Action-packed suspense of a reluctant larger-than-life hero who finds himself in the vortex of rapidly changing world events. Dominion Trilogy book 1.

Daughters of Joy by Kathleen Morgan

Love, heartbreak, and triumph lie deep within the wilds of the Colorado highlands. Abigail Stanton's whole life was rooted in her faith, a faith she now clings to for survival. After losing her husband and young son, Abby sets out alone, bereft, and heartsick. And when she is led to Conor MacKay's doorstep, the very foundation of her belief starts to shift. As the volatile rancher's new housekeeper, Abby is supposed to keep his affairs--and his capricious little girl--in order. Abby feels anything but order, though, when she and Conor are together. Can love heal the wounds of the past? Or will Abby and Conor risk even greater losses than they have already suffered? The first in the Brides of Culdee Creek series, Daughter of Joy takes you on a journey of grief, intrigue, and redeeming love in the nineteenth-century Colorado highlands.

This Fine Life by Eva Marie Everson

This Fine Life proves that growing into love can rip one apart, quitting might be the easiest thing, but walking away is out of the question. I bled with these characters as they struggled to become who they were meant to be. So real and so true to life."--Lauraine Snelling, author, Daughters of Blessing seriesIt is the summer of 1959 and Mariette Puttnam has just graduated from boarding school. When she returns to her privileged life at home, she isn't sure where life will take her. More schooling? A job? Marriage? Nothing feels right. How could she know that she would find the answer waiting for her in the narrow stairwell of her father's apparel factory, exactly between the third and fourth floors?In this unique and tender romance, popular author Eva Marie Everson takes you on a journey through the heart of a young woman bound for the unknown. Discover the joys of new love, the perseverance of deep friendship, and the gift of forgiveness that comes from a truly fine life.Eva Marie Everson is a successful speaker, a popular radio personality, and the award-winning author of Things Left Unspoken. She is coauthor of the Potluck Club series and the Potluck Catering Club series. She lives in Florida.

The Swan House by Elizabeth Musser

Mary Swan Middleton has always taken for granted the advantages of her family's wealth. But a tragedy that touches allof Atlanta sends her reeling in grief. When the family maid challenges her to reach out to the less fortunate as a way to ease her own pain, Mary Swan meets Carl—and everything changes. For although Carl is her opposite in nearly every way, he has something her privileged life could not give her. And when she seeks his help to uncover a mystery, she learns far more than she ever could have imagined

Journey to the Well by Diana Wallis Taylor

She went to the well for water. What she found there would change her life forever.Marah is a young girl in love with her childhood friend, Jesse. When she is forced to marry an older man, she must abandon her dreams of happiness. At the mercy of men who are often only interested in using her, Marah must fight for survival. Will she ever meet a man who can save her?The story of the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well is one of hope, redemption, and a life changed in an instant through a remarkable encounter. Jesus told her "everything she'd ever done," but we are left to wonder at the circumstances that led her life on such a tragic path to begin with. Now from the creative mind of Diana Wallis Taylor comes the full story of the woman at the well.This well-researched portrayal of a woman's life in the time of Jesus opens a window into a fascinating world. Taylor's rich descriptions of the landscapes, lifestyles, and rituals mesh easily with the emotional and very personal story of one woman who desperately seeks to rise above the difficult circumstances of her life.Diana Wallis Taylor is an inspirational speaker and has taught writing and poetry workshops. She has published articles and short stories and is an award-winning poet and songwriter. She lives in California.

Just got an Ipad and am still learning it but are the books from Barnes and Noble and Amazon downloadable (okay, I created a new word) to my Ipad?

HONEY YES!!!! You have the best of both worlds!!!

You can go to Barnes and Noble website and you will see Nook apps for Ipad, Iphone and Android.....just follow the directions there and the same for amazon.

I have found many, many more books for free and extremely cheap...I just haven't had the time to type them in today. I will continue trying to keep this one updated though. I have also heard that you can check out Ebooks from the library but you have to check with your library to see if they offer the service.

LindaLou....if you are on FB then look up our page called Nook and Kindle Deals