MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Big move!

snapshotmiki

I'm not even back to TX yet but had to share this! In about 3 weeks we will be moving to (way rural) MS! Found an old cabin--150 or so years that has been trashed but BIL will fix it up and buy it for us. I will try to attatch photos. On one side we can see where the logs are dovetailed together, no nails. Someone put siding over part of it and it looks pretty bad right now but very cool! And talk about in the middle of nowhere!!!! DH will help on the ranch that BIL has and I will help a woman at the dairy up the road make cheese and go to farmers market. There is lots more going on of course that I will get to later. If this house doesn't pan out--too much damage, BIL says he has other options and we have looked about some too. If the photo posts, check out the tree in front! We should be back in TX by Thursday and start the moving process. Today I am in Monroe, LA with a friend and going to books a million or something to get dehydrating books and maybe Carla Emorys book if they have it. Oh yeah, right now I don't have phone or computer service where we are going but Verizon just bought out the local service and I hope that will change!!! It is supposed to after the 23rd of this month. DUH!!!!! Just realized I am not on my computer and my photos are!!!!!!!! I will add to this post later!!!!

Hi Miki - I don't post much but I just wanted to say what a wonderful place that looks like. It doesn't look scary to me - it looks like home. I just love older country homes with porches and big trees! And what a tree!

Angela

Hey thanks everybody!!!!!! I will probably post progress photos as we go! I hope this one works out but it is up to BIL who is fixing it up. All the wires are cut at the circuit box outside and the front porch beams underneath and on top have to be replaced. We have not even been inside and it may be too far gone but we are going over there in about 3 weeks anyway! Another adventure! On the bright side I will be making butter and different cheeses for the woman at the dairy. That will be great experience to have!

WOW ... that's so awesome Miki!!! I hope it all works out beautifully for you ... keep us posted!!! lovin' that tree!!!

I can't remember the whole poem, but everytime I see a tree like that, I think of this ...

"I think that I shall never see, a poem as lovely as a tree."

What an adventure Miki. Adventures are what keep me going, they're great. They don't always work out but when they do it's such fun. I live in a 126 year old house and I call it a work in progress. Others call it worse things but it's home and I love it!

Just go for it Miki and enjoy the adventure!!! I'm happy for you.

What an adventure Miki. Adventures are what keep me going, they're great. They don't always work out but when they do it's such fun. I live in a 126 year old house and I call it a work in progress. Others call it worse things but it's home and I love it!

Just go for it Miki and enjoy the adventure!!! I'm happy for you.

LOL Dee! Mommato3boys says adventure is a romantic name for trouble. I'm thinking adventure is a romantic name for work! It is always interesting to see how God works out the details if we don't get ahead of ourselves.

Miki--I, too, love the looks of the place. It looks like something I would love to live in. The pics just give off peacefulness and character. To be able to go outside, sit for a moment with a glass of tea. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................................

Don't think of it as work or problems, but an opportunity to plant and bloom where God has put you.:lois:

We are also looking at an older house, built in 1920, to buy and refurbish. I both dread and am eager to see the projects we will get ourselves into. LOL Please keep us updated on your adventure. I look forward to reading more!

Blessings,

Carie

It's been almost 90% humidity here in TX since we got back. Reminds me of home in FL! Definitely time to get out of TX. Yesterday we saw a tarantula here in the park--too close to our RV--about 5 inches across. First big one I have ever seen! Yep our sight seeing is now complete--get me out of here!!!!!!

Carie! I want to see photos of your new place too!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Miki, such wonderful news. Imagine living in the woods, nice cabin and being self-sufficient-ish.

How absolutely great for you.

Big big hugs and well wishes. Please keep us posted.

Archived