MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayers for my DD

kimba

My DD19 is engaged to a man that, while she cares about him, she is now realizing that she does not want to marry him. Please pray for strength and wisdom for her as she deals with this. The wedding was planned for October and she has already bought things and put deposits on stuff - like her dress. It's a sad time for her but she knows that they will never be happy together. They are just too different. Their likes, dislikes and upbringing and culture. Plus he's still in bachelor mode - my daughter comes seconds to his needs and wants. For example - he bought an Ipad but hasn't bought her wedding ring yet.frying%20pan.gif

Anyway - prayers are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kim

Thank you all so much for your prayers. She talked to him last night and he is begging her to give him another chance. They just went out for a drive to talk some more.

Please keep the prayers coming. She really needs them.

Perhaps they both might profit from financial management counseling. Can they take a summer class?

I've been wanting them to do pre-marital counseling but he doesn't want to. He really isn't a Christian (that has bothered me from the beginning) and he claims he doesn't think he'd feel comfortable talking with our pastor.

I really don't think he'd do financial management class either. He wants my dd to handle paying all the bills and keep track of the money....but he also says it's his money and he can do whatever he wants with it shrug.gif

She went out with him today, they aren't home yet but from the texts I'm getting it's not going well.

Her and I have spent alot of nights talking and crying. I really don't know if I'm up for it all again tonight but of course I'll be there for her if she needs me.

I miss toddlers!!!!

If he is refusing to do anything, at this point, that might help the relationship, he will do NOTHING in the future, especially after the marriage.

Do pray God gives her wisdom and strength.

Well.....she finally convinced that they are done. She has been so much happier these last few days. Like a giant weight has been lifted off her shoulders. I think he may finally see the cultural differences. He's 100% native American and his family likes to make fun of "white people", how stupid they are, how they are wanna be natives because they go to pow wows and buy native stuff, how they were slighted by them so many years ago. They do this bashing right in front of my daughter ....who is "white people". We have a little native american in us but not enough for them. It really hurts her feelings that he would bash who she is and she definitely did NOT want to bring kids into that.

Thank you all for your prayers! They have helped and are still helping. We have to take back wedding stuff tomorrow and cancel her dress so tomorrow may be tough. Keep her in your prayers!!

Your daughter shows such maturity! Praying that God will now be able to show her the man, He has chosen for her. (of couse, it will be in His time, not ours.)

Archived