MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What are you Freezing Today

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 quart bags of sugar snap peas, 8 quart bags of broccoli, and 8 pint bags of spinach. Last of the spinach thank heavens! Got zucchini chips and broccoli stems in the dehydrator. Going to powder the broccoli stems to make soup with later.

Dave

Yesterday a friend told me she'd picked all the rhubarb that she was going to pick this year. If I wanted more to help myself. Well I did and froze another 13 bags today. She has lots more but I think 25 bags is enough and yet............................hmmmm.

12 qts. of eggplant, 5 qts. yellow squash, 5 qts. chopped bell pepper, and 3 (2 cup) bags of shredded zucchini. I'm tired!

30 gigantic red and green bell peppers blanched and frozen to make stuffed peppers. I think that the peppers at the u-pick this year are the biggest one I have ever seen! And so good too.

I didn't feel too hot yesterday, so I hand diced 2 gallons of onions for salsa while I watched tv. I usually end up throwing my veggies for salsa in the food processot, but I prefer hand cut when time allows. I'm well prepared with onions and peppers now if I can just get some more tomatoes. I sliced the last of my belle pepper into strips and froze them on a cookie sheet.. I can't wait to try an old family recipe for Pepper Steak that dd gave me when we went to Indiana!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the world of freezing Kathy. You'll be surprised how quick your freezer fills up though.

First small bunch of black raspberries today.

Edited by Dee

I roasted, peeled, and froze a large pan of jalapeanos. I can't wait to try them in salsa!