MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zophiel

Big, cracked radishes

So, I've been limited on time lately, and I might have forgotten about pulling my radishes.:sHa_sarcasticlol: Only one is normal size and uncracked. The others are ginourmous and cracked. I know that the texture will likely be tough but, if sliced thin, are they still okay for eating? Or is this a case where they're now inedible?

(Last time I tried to grow radishes, it was an abysmal fail, so having them at all is suprising)

Thanks y'all

should be OK but like you said not the best?

Here is what I do when they get too big and hot -

slice them (keep the good parts) and put into a glass of water, or a bowl, and put in the refrigerator for a day -that will take out the hot and make them better tasting, you can add a bit of salt to the water if you want but we don't.

Better to have whatever you can get instead of losing everything. :thumbs:

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Oh, thank you-- exactly the sort of info I needed! I'll get them in the water tonight!

As I said, last time I tried radishes, they failed. Sprouted and then. . . nothing. So Actually getting radishes is very happy! Yay!

You should cut them open at the splits and remove a slice from that area to reduce the bacteria. Be sure to scrub them well under running water to clean them initially, before you cut into any produce.

I was amazed at how many I had to tell to wash their produce before they cut it up in the classes I recently taught !

Ok, lesson over, ha ha !

Zopheil, Radishes slice, or shred, dry and grind well. They make a great addition to soups and casseroles. We have an entire thread in this board about radishes. They bring down your blood sugar.