MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Should we close this forum? Input please.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The war is officially over and we have no MIA's or POW's. I'm wondering if we couldn't close this forum. We could move a prayer thread for those still serving over to In His Glory. What do you all think?

Some of the members here still have family members in Korea and the Middle East... Unfortunately someone forgot to tell these suicide nuts that the war is over and our young men and women are still being harmed . I think we should keep this forum open for awhile... it is a way of honoring the men and women that still are serving in dangerous parts of the globe. And it gives our members a place to post about their loved ones.

Guest Guest

As long as we have a Military, we will have service members serving in dangerous areas of the world, in peace keeping missions. That's why I thought we could move a prayer thread for those still serving over to In His Glory. Other accomplishments, awards, recognition, etc, could be posted to From the Heart.

I'm all for whatever the majority wants to do, but it would be nice to hear from more than three family members. Come on, ladies and guys, tell us what you think!

Guest Guest

I think it's good to have a place to read and write prayers, and at FHG would be fine, except most of us forget it's up there...what ever works, I'm with ya!

I sure was a lot of help, wasn't I???

Guest Guest

Well, I can see where most of you would probably just rather have this put out of sight and out of mind. But, because it personally has something to do with me, I would prefer that it stays here. I don't have a lot of time when I come online. I almost NEVER go to FHG. And I know those are all selfish reasons of my own. But are you REALLY keeping up with the news now that the war is "officially" over? Do you know what color/level the alert is? Do you have everything prepared again/still? Or, have you gone back to your everyday life and trying to live it like nothing's going on again? Do you really know what's going on in North Korea? On a day to day basis? Have you put away your duct tape? Have you dumped your water? To me, putting this out of sight and not praying on our individuals who are still serving is letting our guard down. Out of sight, out of mind. Yes, it's a terrible thing to think of every day, but it's now a part of our lives. When my son comes home from Korea, who will take his place? Do I know? No. Will I pray for him/her? You'd better believe it and I want to be reminded about it. He/She are the ones who will be protecting me. And the only thing I can do for them is pray and think about them. I'd rather send the troops things when we're NOT at war when they have time to read things and enjoy the letters than when we're at war. I've said way too much. I'm sorry. I'm putting a sock in it now. And no, I won't gag on it, sorry. But, I do hope others really would input on this. It's up to everyone. Not just a few.

Guest Guest

LCM, no need to apologize. You made some great points. I'm not trying to put it out of my mind at all. The forum has just had very little traffic since the war ended, so I wondered if we needed a place beyond a prayer thread, posted at FHG or perhaps pinned to the top of the From the Heart page. there have been some posts that belonged in this forum that were posted at From the Heart, so I wondered if people preferred that title for their posts.

This forum was initially started to support our troops and family of deployed soldiers. We had hoped to share names and to send packages to the soldiers. Then, the govt put a stop to anyone but family and friends sending packages, and a lot of us who wanted to help, were very disappointed. After that, the posts became a trickle.

I do know that the threat level was raised to orange this week, and I still have my preps.....always will. But, yes, I am trying to get my life back to normal, and I hope that others are too. I continue to pray for our soldiers, where ever they are stationed, and I am trying very hard to stop stressing and agonizing anymore over things that I can't change.

So folks, if we keep it, let's use it!

Guest Guest

I guess in my previous ramblimgs, I didn't say something correctly. By the Out of sight, out of mind, I mainly mean ME. I need it for me. I don't go traveling throughout the internet too far from here and this is where I need it. If others don't, then I understand, and I have to adjust. And maybe what you are seeing in the shape of the forum is one side of it where I am seeing a different side of it where maybe we need more of a blend of it. As a family member and friend (and teacher) of many kids all over the world, I'm still scared for them. I love reading when someone else has heard from a friend of theirs. I would love to read other's notes that they send out. Nathaniel could come here to read a note that he couldn't physically get over there because of mail restrictions.

Like right now... I need to SHOUT IT WITH JOY! I turned the puter on the other day and next to Nathaniel's name were the words... (View My Webcam). I clicked on them and I was just startled. The very first view I had of him was him of rubbing his chin like my dad used to do. He looked just like my dad! I started bawling. And then on top of that, I hadn't seen Nathaniel since before Valentine's day. What a joy I had. These seem like little joys to others, but to a mother, it's the BEST joy.

So, I will add my blessing to all of our service people who are resting right now. God, Please give them good rest and then get their cabooses back in shape! Thank you. Amen

Guest Guest

What a fantastically wonderful gift, to receive a webcam from your son. I know that made not only your day, but your heart beyond happy! {{{LCM}}}

I haven't read this lately and I feel it should be left up too.

LCM, I am so happy for you that you were able to get to see your son. (((((LCM)))))

I heard on the radio just a couple days ago that the war is NOT officially over yet.

Our Pastors son, and my nephew are still over there. I am not sure what they are doing, but I do know they are both there. A couple weeks ago, my nephew, Joe, was traveling from Baghdad to Kuwait.

Yesterday, I heard news that there had been more killings, so it is not over yet.

Still praying for our men and women in the service.

I too haven't had much time to be on line lately so have only gone to a few forums. Today I just had to come here.

We must keep up with who and where our people are.

Thank you again so much for moding this Mare.