MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

Thursday, baked breaded chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes with white gravy.

Friday, tacos, beans and rice.

Saturday, stir fry, egg rolls and fried rice.

Last night, green chili chicken enchiladas with jalapeño, refried beans and rice, with a chocolate cupcake for desert.

Cooking everything from scratch is becoming quite the adventure, as I am finding more antique recipes I have the supplies for and DH says he likes the simplicity of the food.

I need to defrost the deep freeze, so we're planning meals around using certain things up from there and from the pantry rotation since it is nearing the end of the year. I have to feed 3 adults and 2 kids so I try to balance it so that there is something that everyone will eat. My dh will eat anything, but his mother lives with us and prefers very bland cooking so I always try to include something unseasoned with dinner.

Yesterday:

Baked beans with extra BBQ sauce and smoked sausage cut up into it (poured over the potato cakes to serve)

leftover mashed potatoes mixed with flour, egg, and milk then fried up into potato cakes

steamed mixed vegetables

grapes

Tonight:

Cobblestone bread (homemade dough snipped into a greased casserole with herbs and baked)

Roasted beef (sale beef cut into strips with mushrooms, red wine, onion soup mix, & carrots)

egg noodles (leftover so a bit mushy but good with beef over)

green beans

Tomorrow:

Lasagna (from the freezer)

leftover green beans

leftover bread

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday is usually a big dinner meal for us.

Today I am making a traditional pot roast with roasted carrots, onions and potatoes. I'm making a pineapple upside cake for dessert.

I also made a hearty breakfast since we normally just eat 2 meals on Sunday.

For breakfast I made ham/cheese omelet and sausage gravy over biscuits.