MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

When triglycerides are 800 ... you cut it out! :-( I'm not a soda pop person so eliminating pop from my diet is no big deal at all. I'm perfectly content with a cup of coffee in the morning, some Mio in a bottle of water, or a small glass or an occasional beer. But the big 42oz DrP's "every" day took it's toll :-(

My trigs aren't 800, but I need to cut the sugar and crappy carbs, so out it went. Missed 2 days this work mostly due to headaches, but those could be exacerbated by going very low carb starting Monday.

Edited by TheCG

honestly, canned chicken noodle soup, a bunch of french cut green beans and carrots , minimal water from the canned veggies, makes a good stew and plenty of fiber, lol, but not heavy eating. Add whatever else you want for a meal. I just discovered it worked together quite well.

Add in oven baked cup of chocolate cake with peanut butter and sprinkle of dark chocolate chips .....hot tea , dessert. ( maybe half that tonight).

Only worked partial day at Roost so had veal cutlets, coos-coos (seasoned), green beans & pork&beans. Started our day very early so breakfast was shredded wheat cereal, lunch was a shared foot long from Subway, and we were really ready for supper!

• 2 weeks later...

I baked a turkey breast. Of course , my picky one didn't like it but my cat sure did . He began to pester me early and just hung around my feet all day, except when he was in the kitchen. I told my gd that he was acting weird. I found out at supper what was the problem . TURKEY SMELL. I fed him some and it was just what he wanted. Now Kitty just doesn't want cat food any more. Gosh I have a spoiled boy and a spoiled cat.

What to fix for tonight?????

Oh ,just found out my next door neighbor has passed away, so I will fix something to send over there.

Needed fixin's for the simpler meals we like so today I tossed a beef 7 bone roast AND a pork shoulder roast into the oven AND have the electric roaster full of cooking pinto beans. I'm shredding up the meat.. making taco meat with the beef.. shredded it and then seasoned half with taco seasoning and half with onions, bell peppers and chile, the pork will be tamale filling and carnitas and the beans go with everything :grinning-smiley-044:

Made a batch of basic chicken soup - chicken, carrots, celery, onion, salt, pepper and a 1/2 of a bay leaf. Simmered all day, added some tomato sauce, poured over sliced fried tortillas (tortilla chips), and topped with some shredded cheddar cheese to make it Tortilla Soup. Sometimes I add chicken bullion or tomato bullion to jazz it up.

Chicken tenders with a mexican rub, spanish rice and salad. Skipped dessert. Aldi's was having baby carrots and celery on sale BIG time so we needed to get the carrots shredded and into my VacuCraft cannisters as well as chunking up the celery and vacuming them down too. Now...headed out to join a new couple (he's a friend and she's a new date for him) for some 2-stepping :-)