MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

Crockpot full of French onion soup with a jar of my canned beef chunks added to it. Also made Corntack from that military cookbook--like hard tack but with corn for gluten free. Used some as cracker bread on the soup. They taste good! Made cornbread from the same cookbook which turned out fine and will be used in a sausage cornbread strata for breakfast.

• 3 weeks later...

Leftovers! It's nice not having to cook for a day or 2 after Thanksgiving.

Too FUNNY!

I bet a lot of us are having leftovers this weekend! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Yes, nice to not have to cook afdter busy week.

Thinking of differant ways to make a turkey meal is about all I can handle - we are so busy with Dollhouse Show Yesterday and other things going on this weekend.

:AmishMichael2:

DD made Girl Scout Ramen Noodle Stuff for brunch. We call it stuff because it's not really a casserole as it's cooked on the stove top and not really a soup because it's really thick.

Pizza for supper - 22 yr tradition that started when dh and I started dating. :bouquet:

Tried cooking au gratin potatoes and ham in the crockpot. Delicious. Put them on about 9 this morning and ate them about 5. Also Jell-O with peaches, fresh cooked squash and pumpkin bread.

Is that not the best!

Love using our crockpot , I will miss it when :smiley_shitfan: but do have a 'Dutch Oven' (cast iron) that we will be putting into use.

DD made Girl Scout Ramen Noodle Stuff for brunch. We call it stuff because it's not really a casserole as it's cooked on the stove top and not really a soup because it's really thick.

Now WAIT just a minute there!

I Love Ramen Noodles BUT have nEVER heard of this way of doing it!

Are you going to post the recipe or do I have to Google it?

PLEASE!

We had our traditional Thanksgiving meal last night. I DON'T want to ever make it an evening meal again! :(

DD and her hubby had to go to his parents' home on Thanksgiving Day, then had too much going on to do it Friday or Saturday. I wouldn't have minded it even on Sunday for lunch, but SHEESH... that much food that late wasn't good. :huh:

My normal schedule for getting things done at the right times was thrown way off. And at the last minute I found they were having company and I couldn't do the finish-up at their house earlier in the afternoon. Got there and they had no cornstarch to thicken the gravy, so I had to use flour and it was thinner than normal.

But the little guy was his usual charming self, and he warmed up to DS and Grandpa a bit more, so it was nice.

And today I have leftovers! (And they do, too which is all DD really wanted best, I suspect!! :24: )

She said all her in-laws make is turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and pie. No other veggies, no salads, nada. I think I have her *spoiled*!

We had:

turkey

oyster dressing

mashed potatoes & gravy

sweet potatoes with nuts & marshmallows (I misunderstood and thought she WASN'T making mashed potatoes)

green bean casserole

cranberry salad

rolls and butter

pumpkin pie with Cool Whip

**Making sure to copy ALL my recipes for her**

:)

Turkey sandwich and more of the leftover side dishes.

Will probably have the same thing tomorrow.

Yep, that's what I had.

I'm playing human garbage disposal since mine is not cooperating.

It's a hard knock life! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Oh dear, I just realized I'm sitting here talking to myself.

Hi Jeepers! :wave:

Hi back at ya. :icon19:

I am back with a very EASY and what looks like a good meal recipe I found:

Easy Turkey Pot Pie

Ingredients

1 (10.75 ounce) can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

1 (9 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed

1 cup cubed cooked turkey or chicken

1/2 cup milk

1 egg

1 cup all-purpose baking mix

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Mix soup, vegetables and turkey in 9-inch pie plate.

Mix milk, egg and baking mix. Pour over turkey mixture.

Bake 30 minutes or until golden.

Now I might make and add a pie crust to put in pie plate before everything else to make it more like a turkey pot pie?

:feedme:

• 4 weeks later...

Christmas goose with orange sauce (a butter and orange juice sauce seasoned with cinnamon, ginger, dry mustard and a bit of sage).

Baked sweet potatoes.

Rice - seasoned with garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg & bay leaf (basically a curried rice).

Green beans (with just butter and a dash of salt).

Cranberry sauce.

Homemade bread with butter and jam.

Served with sparkling cider.

For desert:

Pumpkin pie.

Ice cream.

Served with hot Earl Grey tea.

:feedme::cook:

Our Christmas dinner consisted of:

Turkey

Mac & Cheese

Collard Greens

Potato Salad

Smashed Potatoes

Gravy

Peas

Green Beans

Garlic Bread

Corn Bread

Garden Salad

Dessert was a Black Forest Cake from Wegmans. If we ever move, it will have to be someplace near a Wegmans store so that I don't have to learn to make the kinds of cakes that I can order so easily from them!

Look at the silver lining here, really, I do too. Due to meds causing havoc on my intestines, I've hardly eaten the last two weeks. And lost 4kg in one week so there's never just dark :)

So last night's diner was half a small rib-eye, green salad with 1 pomodori and 1 olive. Son persuaded me to eat dessert which was a small portion of sticky toffee pudding.

Normally I can eat for King and Country and it shows.

Healthy meal, frugal and delicious.

Dog got the other half of the rib-eye. She thought her birthday and Christmas were rolled into one :)

Left-over Vege Soup. :) DH made it the yesterday.

Jar of green beans

Jar of small whole potatoes

Jar of tomatoes

Jar of chowder base (has corn, celery, carrots, bacon)

Jar of beef broth

Out of crackers :( but I made Amish Friendship bread yesterday and instead of using flavored pudding to make it different, I tried using a different flavoring extract instead of vanilla. Black Walnut! It is YUMMY! :feedme: