MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

Last night used a birthday coupon for January (some businesses sponsor them) and went to a quaint little burger joint that serves real steak burgers...and had a buy one combo get the other free as a birthday gift. So...a steakburger with cheese, fries and a strawberry malt...for about $8.00...yum, yum.

Tonight, venison burger defrosting. Probably a meat loaf.

Just wanted a light supper, so bean with bacon soup and some tangerines, that grew in Spain and came via Canada, lol, best citrus I have seen in about three years at my market and I got a box full, so am eating those for snacks every day now. They are perfect and taste really good. No seeds either.

Not sure if right ear in involved but achy so not really eating alot, but had pork loin for lunch so though light dinner tonight. Accompanied by tea and tylenol, which seem to be doing the trick. So, staying cozy warm with Miss Macy the kitty who just had her treats for the night and watching A Knights Tale and going to read a while before I snooze. Ugh, is it really going to be Monday tomorrow?

Edited by arby

Cheesy Beef and Noodles in the crockpot.

2 cups macaroni, 2 cups shredded cheese, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, 2 cups milk, 1# left over beef roast cut into chunks, 1 cup frozen veggies (I used the leftover carrots from the roast), 2 T dehydrated onion flakes, salt and pepper. Slow cook 6-8 hours or until noodles are tender.

• 1 month later...

Pulled out the big crock pot and put in a half pork loin roast that came from my raid on the 5 for $19.99 meat counter, added chunks of potatoes, chunked a sweet onion, opened a bag of my frozen celery (I vacume seal it so it's ready to add to ???), course salt and course pepper, set it for 8 hours, and I'll add a can of tomatoes and a can of carrots when I get home. Heading for the little house again today so it will be nice to walk in the back door and smell supper already done. Had a box of Sarah Lee corn muffins given to us, so we'll have that along with our supper. I nearly always get two meals out of my big crock pot meals.

We just had two nice bowls for supper...and yes, it was so inviting to walk in the back door and have supper ready. The aroma's are always so scruptious! LOL Still have enough for supper tomorrow night.

Edited by Philbe

Ribs and sweet potato and macaroni yesterday. Leftover sweet potato for breakfast. Last night, broiled some marrow bones and put them in the slow cooker with the rib bones, half an onion that was looking sad, some shriveling carrots, five and a half mugs of water, and half a mug of vinegar. Probably going to make stew.

What’s for Supper . . . . . JUST a Simple Salad?

Well we were running late so picked up a Caesar Salad kits while shopping with Amish Friends to have when we got home for Supper, you know the kind lots of lettuce with packets of chees, croutons and Caesar salad mix in the bag as well, we got it on sale for 99 cent.

So we get home and are bet but mix up the Simple Salad to eat but we did add a few things to make it a meal:
Had a tomato left over from making B,L,T’s the night before-
Peppers and onions I had cut up for stir-fry-
Some of my ‘fresh’ mushrooms I use for breakfast-
part of a carrot chopped up and added-
then Lori added a mozzarella cheese stick chopped up-
Half a can of chick peas Michael found in the refrigerator-
some Bacon bits-
Michael remembered his snack bag of sunflowers seeds so we added them too-
and then we said what the heck and shredded up a lemon pepper chicken strip I was going to make a snack chicken sandwich with later on-
To finish it off we added chives and Italian seasonings
And added some more oil and vinegar to make the Caesar dressing go further.

So our “Simple Salad” became a bit more by adding 11 more items we just happen to have on hand plus spices, oil and vinegar!

Now THAT’S a meal! LOL

:AmishMichael2:

Had a batch of leftover potato soup for lunch and am planning to fix a pizza from scratch for supper. Tuesday's are our pizza night and we usually dine out at Mazzio's humongus pizza/salad bar buffet...but we're trying to lose our holiday pounds so I'm gonna make my own from scratch, even the dough! Haven't done it in years, so here's to pizza ala Philbe!

Set a container of soup out to thaw for DH's supper. It sure is worth is to make a big pan of soup and then freeze some in containers! We haven't been feeling well and I don't feel like cooking. I think I'm just going to have some plain rice as things haven't been feeling like they want to stay down. There's frozen chicken stock and broth in the freezer. I may thaw and mix that in with the rice.

Had another "batch" of the potato soup I cooked & froze, and made up a storage container of potato salad, and then "observed" our pizza night by again making my own pizza. Mountain Man loves it...and I had Mozerella this time! LOL