MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Difficult Week

Crazy4Canning

I'm so glad that the conversation went well. I'll still be praying for you and your family. This will be an ongoing situation. Your father (in particular) must be so proud of you for taking charge of this situation. Imagine the stress that is now lifted from him and now he can enjoy his golden years.

:amen: So far so good. It was a joy to read how well this conversation went.

I guess I'm coming to this time in life too. Parents in early 80's and still quite able to handle their lives independently. but they tire so easily and the big house is becoming a burden. I'm sure they are discussing options. I wish we had a property with two homes....just far enough from each other to have privacy but close for backup. Some days, they'd back me up! But, then there would be three of us not able to drive far and ...I don't think they want to be as far from town as I would. :shrug: Dunno...not at crisis point yet. One broken hip away from their multi-story house not working tho... :unsure:

MtRider [ I'll keeping on praying for your solutions, C4C! ]

The truth is....I do know that this is not over. Dad is now balking at the POA/ DPOA paperwork. He doesn't see why he has to do it. To me, this is just a sign that he really is balking at some things. Mom is telling him, "Just sign the papers dear, we will have to eventually. We might as well get it done now."

I actually went out with a friend last night because I hadn't seen her in months and my husband had to work. We sat in a restaurant, had some dinner and I had a cocktail. One. I came home and slept for nine hours, thank the Lord. :)

I will go over Monday and review the paperwork and then keep my Tuesday appointment with Social Services.

One broken hip away from their multi-story house not working tho... :unsure:

MtRider [ I'll keeping on praying for your solutions, C4C! ]

Snippet:

That's sort of me now. All bedrooms and full bath upstairs. Suppose I could get a microwave and small under-the-counter fridge for upstairs. Wish I had a one story house.

Archived