MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Don't you feel helpless when you can't do anything but offer prayers and thoughts

Dee

I guess its all about helping Our survival family out and at times when I read some of the posts I wish I lived closer to you all so that I could just run on over and give you all a hand.

Do any of you find yourself feeling that way?

I think if I could only take care of EdandPegs dad, run over to their house with a warm dinner or sit with their dad so they can have a night out, or perhaps teach Hillbillies daughter and show her there is much more to life she can enjoy, or even nurse Di's mom and wish I had an extra heart to give her if thats what she needs.

Its the sharing and caring here that makes us a unique group of people. Neighbor wanting to help neighbor, friend helping friend, stranger helping stranger.

Whoever picked the title for this forum " Where the Heart Is," did a good job in naming it because all you have to do is read an original post and you will find that not just one but many hearts will reply to posts out of love, caring, concern and sharing.

I agree with you whole heartedly Reci. Especally in the health care area, I have over 30 years in personal home care and had to walk away from it. I miss it and can still do it but none of the agencies will give me a job without my Dr.'s endorcement and he won't give it to me.

I know how hard it is to watch a loved one slowly slip away. When I did home care I was the most requested aide, my clients (the agancies call them patients but to me they were always clients.)always loved it when I came. I could calm down the most agitated ones most of the time. They were always comfortable with me because I cared and let them know I did. I was (still am after working to build my strength back up) very strong and they took comfort in my strength because they knew I would never drop them or let them fall.

It was always my pleasure to spend time with a loved one giving their caretakers a break for a couple of hours. It was not part of my job, I just made it a part of my job. In fact I got fired from an agency once because I did not accurately fill out my paperwork. If the agency would pay me for 1/2 hour and I was there 3 hours, I put 1/2 hour on my time card.

A lot of ppl. don't realize how helpful it is just to get a few stolen hours of free time. Or for someone to just drop in unanounced and say, dinner is on me, sit down and enjoy what I brought you while I sit with your loved one.

But so many times all we can do is pray, and we feel so helpless not stopping to think that prayer is sometimes the most precious help of all. We forget one prayer in faith, believing can move a mountain or set the answer or help in motion.

In the case of our daughter as an example..... We are still dealling with the daily fires of the struggles but the outbursts and temper tantrums have took a time out for the moment. So we are still fighting the battle but have a bit of a reprieve from the worst of it.

Hill

What a beautiful post reci...

Not trying to take any credit here, but I was the one that renamed this forum a while ago...

I had gone through at lot at that time in my life, one of which being losing my home to a fire. The day we finally moved back in, after almost a year, a very close friend and neighbor sent over a welcome home gift...a red candle in the shape of a heart...and when I opened it up and saw what it was the thought that came to mind was *home is where the heart is*.

Sometimes, it's not until difficult or hurtful things strike our lives that we can truly understand and appreciate the blessings we have been given. That depth only comes with time and age and experience...and that compassion we offer to each other many times is because of an understanding we have deep inside from the things we, ourselves, have experienced...

You are SO right...so many times I also wish I could rush to the side of our friends here that are hurting or going through a rough time. During those moments when everything seems to overwhelming, it's an honor to remind each other that we're really not alone. The women here, for me, have many times *carried* me through some of my darkest hours. The depth and length they have gone to *lift me up* when I was down has always left me in awe.

No truer example of the women here can be described than, You can't keep it until you give it away...

(((((mrssurvival friends)))))

------------------

d5.jpg

[This message has been edited by Darlene (edited October 19, 2002).]

I agree wholeheartly! I just wish I could run to help everyone. I can only pray and send my best wishes and thoughts to them. Everyone who's been here knows how much I appreciate them and their prayers the past few years. Hugs to everyone

------------------

frannie.gif

I have felt this way so many times reading posts and wishing there was a way to drop by with a casserole or a Real hug. We have so much love and support here it is like real family. When I was pregnant with Nicholas Lynne even offered to send her DD down in Real life to help me and I will never forget their generous offer when I was afraid I'd have no one to come help me after my delivery. This truly is a unique and special place, that will forever be my HOME on the net!

------------------

becca.jpg

Aw Shucks Ed.... what I said was from the heart, Ed, Hilly, Frannie, Becca, everyone and Darlene I am so glad you picked that name. It suits this forum and all who post here!

The passion, understanding and caring is worn on the sleeve by the posters in all the forums but only here in this forum " Is where the Heart is."

[This message has been edited by reci (edited October 20, 2002).]

I agree, this is a great site, and this forum has the right name. smile.gif

I too know what it is like to have others pray for me. Without this site and the people here to talk to, I don't know what I would have done in the past and now.

Everyone needs a place where they can just talk and say things. We all need prayer at times more than other times too. God is great and He is able to do what we can't.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Everything that has been said here is so true, and said so well, that I feel as though all I can say is "Amen to that" or "yeah! what she(he) said!" grin.gif I have really felt at home here...and yes, it would be fun to be able to help people out when they are in need. I'm the encourager type, and if I had money, I'd like to send everybody flowers and balloons and a nice note (handmade) saying how much I appreciate you all and how great it is to be a part of you! So, since it's impossible for me to do this, please (each of you) receive a big bouquet of your favorite flowers and a bunch of balloons with a nice note saying how special you are. You are very special. Thanks for taking me in. smile.gif Happygirl

((((((((Mrs.Survival))))))))

For those of you who prefer chocolate, you may add that to the special treat!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Ditto to all of the above!!! This place and especially this particular forum has blessed me countless times in the 4+ years I have been coming here.

I can remember the time I posted when we had very serious problems with our teenage son and the people of this site gave the most sacrificial and loving support of utmost wisdom, compassionate advise, and sweet prayers and thoughts. They truly gave of themselves to reach out to this hurting mother's heart!!

Sometimes in real life when going through a problem, friends and family often like to give what they believe to be constructive critizism or blame in what you may or may not have done to cause the problem or crisis. That is not the case here at Mrs. Survival...we band together to unconditionally love and support one another through the problem without laying blame. When I'm down and out and at my wits end....I know what I especially need is for others to be lifting me up and not making me feel worse for the wear. Thats what I love about this site and the people I know and love as my web-family! smile.gif

((((((Bless you, friends!!!))))))

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Ditto to all of the above!!! This place and especially this particular forum has blessed me countless times in the 4+ years I have been coming here.

I can remember the time I posted when we had very serious problems with our teenage son and the people of this site gave the most sacrificial and loving support of utmost wisdom, compassionate advise, and sweet prayers and thoughts. They truly gave of themselves to reach out to this hurting mother's heart!!

Sometimes in real life when going through a problem, friends and family often like to give what they believe to be constructive critizism or blame in what you may or may not have done to cause the problem or crisis. That is not the case here at Mrs. Survival...we band together to unconditionally love and support one another through the problem without laying blame. When I'm down and out and at my wits end....I know what I especially need is for others to be lifting me up and not making me feel worse for the wear. Thats what I love about this site and the people I know and love as my web-family! smile.gif

((((((Bless you, friends!!!))))))

------------------

eaglew.jpg