MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need Prayers

Nichole

A couple days ago, my 73 year old grandmother went into the hospital because she was having chest pains. They ran all the tests, and she told us that everything came back fine. Well my dad talked to my aunt and apparently she wasn't telling us everything. They said her heart is enlarged and an artery is blocked. I have been pretty worried about her. She has been having chest pains on and off for awhile now. Other than that, she is very healthy.

To top it off, DH came home yesterday saying that his grandmother went into the hospital yesterday and is on 100% oxygen. She is getting some fluid in her lungs and they are going to keep her for a few days because she tends to get pneumonia easily. She is on oxygen permanently.

I am just praying that they can do something about that artery, she is allergic to so many meds I don't know if she could have surgery or not. I guess we will find out when she goes back to the doctor.

Thanks everyone *hugs*

After talking to my Grandmother, I guess my sister was mistaken when she talked to me. My grandmother's heart is enlarged, but an artery isn't blocked. One of her valves isn't working 100%, but the doctor isn't too worried. Although I am still concerned, I am not nearly as worried as I was initially.

My grandmother-in-law should be coming out of the hospital soon too! They didn't want her to get as sick as she did last time, so this was more preventative. She is a wonderful woman to talk to, I am really blessed to have married into a family with such sweet women :) When she came to see our trailer, I showed her the laundry room (which is disguised as cabinets in the kitchen) Before I even got my words out she said that the wall would be great to build shelves in and store canned goods! Exactly what I am planning on doing! lol

Thank you everyone, again.

Archived