MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Christmas Ornament Exchange

Snowmom

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

I'm late, I'm late, I know, and I am sorry, with all that has gone on and being sick I just didn't get things done like I should have.

We had our 50th Class Reunion and I was one of the 2 in charge of getting things done. We did have a great time and everyone enjoyed the 2 evenings, the food and the location. :)

We had our first meeting a year ago and we have a meeting tonight to finalize things. :)

I did the typing for our book, in the book was names, addresses, and all kinds of info on each person. That took a lot of time and energy. Then about the middle of Aug. I ended up with sinus problems and still have them. I was run down during the reunion and just so tired and didn't feel well at all, but, was there. :) The reunion was the 2nd and 3rd of September. We had over 90 people show up. Some had not graduated with us, but we invited them, some were spouces of course and/or just friends. But, we did good. :)

Now for the reason for this post. :)

3.gif8.gif13.gif

Think Christmas. :)

It is time to think about our Christmas Ornament Exchange, right, that is just what I said, time to work on our Christmas Ornament Exchange. I know, I am a month or two late with this post, so we aren't going to have near as much time to do our ornaments this year. Just know you can start any time as we will need to get them out before Thanksgiving. :)

This is the way it works.

You sign up here by the October 20th, and send a PM me with your names and address. I will then, when I have all the names and addresses, send you a list of everyone on the list and you will make 1 ornament for each person on this list. In other words, if there are 10 people on the list, you make 10 ornaments, if there are 15 you make 15 and so on. Most of you know how this works. I will try to get the list to you by October 23rd.

We need to get things started right away for those who need more time to make their ornaments. Are you all ready to sign up for this exchange???? Who is the first one going to be???

We should get these ornaments sent by November 15th. This gives you only 3 weeks this year to make and send your ornaments out. By sending them out this early, everyone should get the ornaments by Thanksgiving and we want everyone to have the ornaments to add to their tree.

Please: If you do NOT intend to make and send ornaments out, do NOT put your name on the list.

I know it is late this year, but, we have had things going on here. With Oldpine in the hospital and then home for about 6 weeks. I had been sick and with the cleaning of the other property, which is not finished yet. Now we will all get started and have fun doing this exchange. I know there are some who look forward to this exchange each year.

Find something you want to make, and get started, as you know there will be people joining this exchange. Please don't wait until the first of November and think about what you want to make, get them done soon. :)

Have fun.

4.gif8.gif12.gif13.gif

Any questions, please let me know. :)

th_FALLHUGSBEAR.gifth_FALLHUGS2-1.jpgth_FALLHAVEAGOODDAYPUMPKINS.gif

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

First off, I have on the list so far: Mommato3boys, LindaLou, Pauline and Trudy, but, Trudy, could you please send me your name, address and zip. :) Thanks.

Now, any type of ornament that you can make, is what we make. Can be small or larger. I think you should be able to find some of the pictures in this forum if you check back to last years or the year before. I'll check and see if I can find some and bring them up for you to see. :)

Thanks for joining and hope more join. :) Becca, I know you always look forward to this, where are you???? :):)

th_FALLHUGSBEAR.gifth_FALLHUGS2-1.jpgth_FALLHAVEAGOODDAYPUMPKINS.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to join but anything send will be flat and lightweight. Postage is insane trans-atlantic and it must fit in a regular envelope.

Anyone for a flatty? :grinning-smiley-044:

I'd like to join but anything send will be flat and lightweight. Postage is insane trans-atlantic and it must fit in a regular envelope.

Anyone for a flatty? :grinning-smiley-044:

I have received several flatties, they make mailing real simple even here in the US shipping is insane LOL I have received on ornament that was shipped last Nov (2010) but didn't get it until Easter :faint3:

GOODMORNINGTREE.gif

3.gif8.gif13.gif

This years Christmas Ornament Exchange is now closed and I have sent out the list to each one who is doing the exchange.

If you did not get the list, please let me know, thanks.

Now have fun making your ornaments.

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpgHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies but I'll be two days late with the sending out of Ornaments. Sewing like crazy at the moment and hoping to get more goodies ready in time. Between this, that and the other, we ran into a bit of delay.