MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lets talk Pizza Dough......................

This is the one I use and like best. Adding garlic powder and oregano to the dough really makes it good! And when you add a bit of oregano on top of the cheese, the aroma just brings people into your kitchen to EAT!!! :feedme:

QUICK AND EASY PIZZA DOUGH

2 1/2 - 3 c flour

1 pkg dry yeast (about 1 Tbsp)

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)

1 tsp crumbled oregano (or to taste)

1 c warm water

2 Tbsp oil

Combine 1 1/2 c flour and rest of dry ingredients in bowl; stir in water & oil, beat at low speed of mixer for 1 1/2 minutes, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes at high speed. Stir in as much remaining flour as you can with a wooden spoon. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6-8 min. total).

(THIN CRUST)

Preheat oven to 425º F. Cover dough & let rest 10 minutes. Shape to fit greased pizza pans. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Bring out of oven, spread pizza sauce over top, top with desired ingredients, ending with cheese & a sprinkling of oregano. Return to oven; bake about 15 minutes more.

(THICK CRUST)

Place dough in a greased bowl, turn once to coat well. Cover dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hr). Punch down, divide in half (to fit 2 9” pizza pans). Cover; let rest 10 min. With greased fingers, pat dough into pans, forming edges. Cover; let rise until nearly doubled (30-45 min). Bake in a preheated 375º F oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Bring out of oven, spread pizza sauce over top, top with desired ingredients, ending with cheese & a sprinkling of oregano. Return to oven; bake about 20 minutes more. Let stand 5 min before serving.

This is the one I use and like best. Adding garlic powder and oregano to the dough really makes it good! And when you add a bit of oregano on top of the cheese, the aroma just brings people into your kitchen to EAT!!! :feedme:

OH! I am going to try that the next pizza I make - we LOVE garlic!

even make a white pizza now and then and THAT has a lot of minced garlic on it. :feedme::feedme:

This is the recipe we have been using, I got in online somewhere.

4 cups flour 1 tsp. salt 1 tsp yeast 1 tsp Italian Seasoning 1 Tbsp oil 1 1/2 cups warm water

Mix well knead 10 minutes divide into 2 and let rest 10 minutes shape onto 2 greased pizza pans

top with sauce and toppings (it says meat veggies or whatever is in the fridge, lol) sprinkle with no more than

1/2 cup cheese bake at 400 for 20 -25 minutes

The first time I made this I forgot to add the yeast! It was very flat, like lent pizza! But it was sooo good we didn't care, lol :gathering:

Archived