MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Amish On Amish Crime

Jeepers

This is so disturbing. I do know a few Amish personally; one family especially well. Because I live near the largest Amish community in the world I see, hear and read a lot about them. Every false step they take ends up in the newspaper or on local TV. I know some of the good the bad and the downright ugly.

The point of this post is not to crucify a group of people but to wonder where our country is headed. If this can happen to them then how low can the secular portion of our society sink?

This really troubles my heart. I feel so bad for the victims. Right now I feel bad for all of us...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20116855-504083.html

What I've heard is that the "bad" group follows a strong, controlling Bishop who had way too much power over them. Though they believe their "lot" drawing from a Bible brings them God's choice in a Bishop, something in this man has gone terribly wrong... possibly a mental illness (my thoughts).

Things like this may bring them back to their roots. :pray:

As I said, the purpose of the post was not to crucify a group of people. They are flawed human beings just like rest of us; no more no less. It is not about blaming a religious denomination.

The point I was making is if this sort of behavior can happen in a very rural community with a God-fearing pacifist group of people, what chance does the rest of society have in a SHTF world. This tiny bedroom community was just trying to get over the Eli Weaver tragedy, dealing with Monroe Beachy and now this. For me it’s sad and scary all at the same time. I suppose it just rocked my foundation and removed my safety blinders.

Maybe I’m just sensitive right now. I think the SHTF is going to happen and I’m not ready. I’m in the process of evaluating my strengths and weakness’ and realizing I can’t do the things I did 20 years ago. Shocking I know. There are a few here that are re evaluating their situation too. It’s hard to make drastic changes when you second guess yourself every step of the way and wonder if you’re doing the right thing.

Also, about 20 years ago my D-ex cousin was in a hunting accident and blew off his face and shoulder. Then a couple of months ago his 22 year old nephew (same family) was shot and murdered by his best friend for $15.00. We are very close to this family and the second shooting brought back all of the old memories from the first one. This happened in a little town of about 500 people. I’m just not feeling safe right now.

((((Jeepers))))

That is just too hard to bear. No wonder this is too close to home.

That does sound as though there is a mental health issue, as well as some controlling issues. There is a lot of stress out there and there will always be people who will harm or take advantage of others. It has nothing to do with the religious affiliation and everything to do with free will. People make choices everyday. Some of those choices are not good ones.

I’m in the process of evaluating my strengths and weakness’ and realizing I can’t do the things I did 20 years ago. Shocking I know. There are a few here that are re evaluating their situation too. It’s hard to make drastic changes when you second guess yourself every step of the way and wonder if you’re doing the right thing.

You said a mouthful there, Jeepers! It could be a whole thread in itself....the change in prepping when we realize that time has come and gone and we're...older. <_< And most of us aren't happy about the limits imposed by 'older' bodies....and brains. :wacko:

The lid is coming off the boiling cauldron everywhere and some things spewing out are not pretty. Yet, there remains the compassionate, devoted, and sacrificially kind acts as well. We have to stand when the bedrock rumbles and ...some of us are in a intense training to be able to do that.

MtRider [ having absolutely no idea where/what/who/HOW is next in our lives... :shrug: ]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived