MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nichole

Apple Trees

So after researching for the last week or so on what varieties of apples I wanted to get I finally settled on three. Jonafree, Granny Smith (for DH), and Enterprise, semi-dwarf plants. From what I read, they seem like they will grow well in my climate, and are pretty disease resistant. I am planning on getting 2 of each, then maybe getting more next year. I'm ordering them from Stark Bros., since many of you have had good experiences with them.

It took forever to figure out where to put them. Everywhere that seemed like a good idea either had a water line running there, or it would block the view of something... Ugh. But, DH had a great idea of splitting two fields and putting the orchard in between them. It will be beautiful when they are all grown up :) It'll require a lot of moving fences, but it'll be worth it to have homemade apple pies and applesauce again!!!!

Congratulations Nicole. There's nothing like walking to the tree and picking the fruit there and then.

Exciting! I remember the deciding of what to get and agree that the where is more difficult! I hope they do well for you!

Thanks guys :)