MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
MommyofSeven

Official Couponing for Preps Thread

I'm not having any issues with coupons, locally, but I've heard of a lot of stories of people who are. I do get weird looks when I shop with my binder, and have had some unhappy people in line behind me, but they usually get a different tone when the cashier says how much I saved. I had one lady chase me down in the parking lot and ask me how I did it.

Mo7

Sometimes I just don't understand the unhappy people. Last week I did a big grocery shop and I went to Safeway at 9 pm hoping there wouldn't be a lot of people. That didn't happen because I forgot students are back in town. I'm about halfway through my checkout and this lady with one item gets in line behind me. The cashier's ringing up my stuff and then starts to write me a raincheck for olive oil they were out of. I can see the lady shifting back and forth behind me, then she starts mumbling to the lady behind her about the lines being full and then got louder about maybe she should've gone to the self check out because this is taking forever.... Does it make sense to anyone that you would get behind some with a full shopping cart when you have one item and then start complaining?? buttercup.gif

I don't get it either. Maybe I'm just more patient (doubt it) but long lines are just a fact of modern life. People need to get over it. Acting that way and making other people feel bad isn't going to make the line any shorter! If they don't like it, they can try to find a shorter line, but normally that doesn't happen. In that situation, I would have told them to go ahead and go to the self check out line! (ok, probably wouldn't have actually said it, but I would've thought it!)

Albertson's Couponing for Preps Deals for 10/19

Instant Savings Promo: Buy 10 participating products, get $5.00 in instant savings! The first price listed is the sales price, second price is with the $5.00 in instant savings factored in! (Not sure if this is mix and match or if you have to buy 10 of each sale item. When Safeway does it, it's mix and match)

Kellogg’s Special K Cereal, Fiber Plus Cereal, Fiber Plus Bars $2.79/$2.29

USE $1.00/3 Fiber Plus Cereal

USE $1.00/3 Special K Cereal (RP 9/11) EXPIRES 10/23

= $1.67 each wyb 3

Albertsons Vegetable Oil 48oz $3.49/$2.99

Pantene Shampoo, Conditioner, or Styling Products $3.49/$2.99

USE $3/2 Pantene Products (RP 9/25)

USE $1/2 Pantene Products (PG 10/2)

= as low as $1.49

Langers 100% Juice Blends Plus 64oz $2.99/$2.49

Campbell’s Select Harvest Soup $1.79/$1.29

USE $.50/2 Campbell’s Select Harvest Soup (SS 10/2)

= as low as $.96

Classico Pasta Sauce 15-24oz $2.49/$1.99

Best Foods Mayo $3.49/$2.99

Albertsons Flour 5lb $2.29/$1.79

Bounty Basic Regular Roll Paper Towels 8ct $5.99/$5.49

USE $0.25/1 Bounty Paper Towels or Napkins (PG 10/16)

= $5.24

Charmin Basic Big Roll Bath Tissue 12 ct $5.99/$5.49

USE $0.25/1 Charmin (PG 10/2 or 10/16)

= $5.24

Arrowhead Springs Water 24pk – $3.99/$3.49

USE $1.00/2 Arrowhead Springs Water

= $2.99 each wyb 2

Sometimes I just don't understand the unhappy people. Last week I did a big grocery shop and I went to Safeway at 9 pm hoping there wouldn't be a lot of people. That didn't happen because I forgot students are back in town. I'm about halfway through my checkout and this lady with one item gets in line behind me. The cashier's ringing up my stuff and then starts to write me a raincheck for olive oil they were out of. I can see the lady shifting back and forth behind me, then she starts mumbling to the lady behind her about the lines being full and then got louder about maybe she should've gone to the self check out because this is taking forever.... Does it make sense to anyone that you would get behind some with a full shopping cart when you have one item and then start complaining?? buttercup.gif

When this happens to me, I apologize to the person behind me and............................I say, "this is why I don't get in the express lanes." In other words, when you get into a regular line, you should expect delays, or least NOT be mad when someone in line in front of you "causes" a slow-down. :baseballbat:

Y'all know that Hawaii has this laid-back attitude and most folks that live there just don't get in a hurry mode. Many do not move with any efficiency at all. So lines at grocery stores there can sometimes get very slow.

Well when anyone near me (usually tourists used to the East or West coast zip-zip lifestyle who haven't relaxed into their vacation yet) got to complaining, I'd casually remark that I only came shopping so I could enjoy the air-conditioning for a while...and boy, isn't it hot out today. :knary: I was usually rewarded in a change in their demeaner. You could see them shifting gears and pretty soon we'd be having a conversation about where they are visiting from and how the weather is back there and ....

Turned into a nice day afterall. I loved doing that.

Wow, Mo7....I'm going to get a great deal on frozen veggies, aren't I? :cele: Thanks for the tips! :happy0203:

MtRider [....Hawaii, an acquired lifestyle, for sure ]

Wow, Mo7....I'm going to get a great deal on frozen veggies, aren't I? :cele: Thanks for the tips! :happy0203:

MtRider [....Hawaii, an acquired lifestyle, for sure ]

Well, the SQ in the Safeway ad has a limit of four, but four at $.45 is still pretty darn good. I'll probably only buy on sale stuff to fill out the rest of that coupon requirement. The Red Baron frozen pizzas are on sale, and once in awhile you gotta have pizza night. Also ice cream is on sale. Those aren't really preps but we'll certainly use them. DH would like me to find some coupons for those Magnum ice cream bars, he loves those.

At Safeway I'm also seeing Quilted Northern TP on sale for $3.50. That seems high to me but I know some people can only use certain brands of some things so if that's your brand, there you go. Also the 2 Liters of soda for $.69. Now we don't often drink soda, but if we have a birthday party coming up I will buy these and then save the containers for storage. We have two parties coming up in December so I'll get some.

Hope everyone has a blessed and money saving weekend!

Mo7

Who is still groggy after DH let me sleep until 9:30 to try to get over being sick. Latest I've slept in over a year probably!

But if my mom goes shopping with me, with her paper's coupons, she could get some more bags for me. :) Cuz my gimpy DH had better stay off his bum knee for a while and frankly, my mother is much better company while SHOPPING. [DH would rather have teeth pulled. :laughkick:

MtRider [ Yet another twist in savings by coupon.... ;) ]

I don't have an Albertson, Safeway or Kroger where I am. I just have a Giant Eagle and they don't ever have double coupons. They do have gas rewards though which is nice.

Oh yeah, we have an Acme but it's very small.

I have to admit I watch the couponing show but it's only to see their 'bunkers'. No way would I show mine on national television.

I've been ignoring the grocery papers cuz they were just depressing. Nothing I wanted at a price I'll pay. This week however,.... I'm going.

Well, that's the point of stockpiling! One of my cats went missing two weeks ago- most of our spare time has been focused on finding her- putting up posters, etc. I glanced at the grocery ads and there hasn't been anything... but I didn't NEED to go get anything. Which is great. Here I was thinking that maybe I was overdoing it a little and should cut back, but since there have been no good deals the past few weeks, I had the option to not bother with the store.

I need to re-stock on laundry detergent. If anyone sees any good deals please give a heads up. I'm willing to use any brand.

I need to re-stock on laundry detergent. If anyone sees any good deals please give a heads up. I'm willing to use any brand.

My Walmart has had some on clearance. I'll be checking the Sunday papers today for price match stuff at WM and let you know if I find any.

From http://www.sundaycouponpreview.com/ here's what should be available in the Sunday papers today

Smartsource coupon insert

Friday’s Save $1/1 any one T.G.I. Friday’s (12/4)

Friday’s Save $1.50/1 any one T.G.I. Friday’s (12/4)

Friday’s Save $2/2 any two T.G.I. Friday’s 10oz,15oz,or 27oz chicken snacks (12/4)

Finish Save $1/1 quantum (11/30)

Finish Save $.75/1 Powerball or Gelpacs (11/30)

Ex-Lax Save $ 2/1 any product (1/31/12)

Huggies Save $1.50/1 any diapers (11/19)

Huggies Save $3/1 any package of Huggies Little Movers Slip-On Diapers (11/19)

Huggies Save $.50/1 any baby wipes 64 ct. or larger (11/19)

Ristorante Save $1/1 when you buy one Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza, any variety. Dnd (12/11)

Chinet Save $.55/1 chinet comfort Cup package 12oz or 16oz (12/31)

GoodNites Save $2/1 Underwear jumbo pack or larger (11/19)

Land o Lakes Butter Save $.50/2 (12/31)

Argo Baking Powder Save $.30/1 on one 12oz (1/2/12)

ARM & HAMMER Save $1/1 Spinbrush powered toothbrush or refill (12/31)

ARM & HAMMER Save $1/1 Kid’s Spinbrush powered toothbrush (12/31)

Orajel Kids Save $1/1 On arajel MY WAY toothpaste (12/31)

Reynolds wrap Save $1/1 any one Pan Lining paper (11/30)

AXE Buy 1 Get 1 FREE buy any AXE shower gel or detailer and get one AXE shower gel or detailer FREE maximum value Save $5.99 (11/13)

Barilla Plus Save $1/2 any barilla plus (12/18)

TruMOO Chocolate Save $.55/1 when you purchase 1half gallon or larger of trumoo chocolate milk (11/19)

Neutrogena Save $1/1 any Neutrogena Naturals Cleanser (12/31)

Neutrogena Hand or Body lotion Save $1/1 (12/31)

Neutrogena Men Save $1/1 (12/31)

Neutrogena Hair Care Product Save $2/1 excluded trial size and gift sets (12/31)

Scrubbing Bubbles Save $3/1 one step toilet Bowl cleaner starter kit (12/3)

Scrubbing Bubbles Save $2/2 one step toilet bowl cleaner refills (12/3)

Enfamil Save $5/2 Enfamil or Enfagrow larger size powder 22.2oz. or larger (12/31)

Triple Wash Save $1/1 on NEW triple wash gentle diaper rash formula (12/31)

Zantac Product Save $1/1 24ct or larger (1/31/12)

Melitta Coffee Save $1/1 8oz. size or larger (1/31/12)

WHONU? Save $1/1 Nutrition Rich Cookies (12/25)

Equal Saccharin Save $1/1 100 count or larger (1/23/12)

Equal Sucralose or Equal Classic Save $2/1 100 ct o larger (1/23/12)

Boston Market 15% off any online order coupon (11/20)

Boston Market Save $1.00 any individual meal, whole Boston Carver Sandwich or combo or Entrée salad. Restaurant and online order coupon (11/20)

Redplum Coupon Preview

Aleve Save $1/1 20ct+ product excluding Aleve-D (1/31/12)

Aleve-D Save $1/1 product (1/31/12)

Alka-Seltzer Save $1/1 product (1/31/12)

Alka-Seltzer Save $2/1 Plus product (1/31/12)

Arrowhead Save $1/1 .5-liter 6-pack or Save $1/2 1-liter bottles of sparkling water (12/4)

Bar-S Save $.75/2 1lb Frank or Bologna (12/4)

Bar-S Save $1/1 2.5lb Smoked Sausage (12/4)

Bayer Save $1.50/1 Advanced Aspirin product (1/31/12)

Bayer Save $1/1 Aspirin product (1/31/12)

Citracal Save $1/1 product (1/31/12)

Crest/Oral-B Save $1/1 3D White oral care item ets Target Coupon (11/30)

Dunkin Donuts Save $1.50/2 bags 11oz+ coffee (1/31/12)

Flintstones Save $2/1 multivitamin product (12/31)

Iams Save $1/1 5lb+ dry dog food Target Coupon (12/31)

i-flex Save $5/1 120ct (12/31)

L’Oreal Save $.75/1 kids product (12/18)

L’Oreal Save $1/1 EverPure, EverSleek, EverStrong shampoo or conditioner (12/18)

L’Oreal Save $1/1 EverPure. EverSleek, EverStrong treatment (12/18)

L’Oreal Save $1/1 Excellence or Excellence to-Go shade (12/18)

L’Oreal Save $1/1 Pairs eyeliner (12/18)

L’Oreal Save $1/1 Paris eye product (12/18)

L’Oreal Save $1/1 Paris skincare product (12/18)

L’Oreal Save $2/1 Paris Youth Code (12/18)

Meow Mix Save $1/1 dry cat food 3.15lb+ or Save $1/4 single cat food cups or Save $1/1 cat food variety pack (12/17)

Monterey Pasta Company Save $1/1 pasta or sauce dnd (12/31)

Neo-Synephrine Save $1/1 product (1/31/12)

Newman’s Own Save $.50/1 pasta sauce, salsa, lemonade, marinade or popcorn (12/3)

Newman’s Own Save $.50/1 Salad Dressing (12/3)

Newman’s Own Save $1/1 Thin & Crispy pizza (12/3)

NicoDerm Save $7/1 NicoDerm CQ 14ct+, Nicorrette Gum 100ct+, Nicorette Lozenge 72ct+ or Nicorette Mini Lozenge 81ct (12/11)

Nivea Save $1/1 body lotion (11/20)

Nivea Save $3/2 body lotion (11/20)

One A Day Save $1/1 adult or teen multivitamin product (12/31)

Phillips Save $1/1 product (12/31)

Phillips Save $4/1 Colon Health product (12/31)

pur-Abdorb Save $3/1 iron (12/31)

Sara Lee Save $.55/1 20oz wheat bread dnd (11/30)

Sara Lee Save $.65/1 Hearty & Delicious 100% Whole Grain Breads dnd (11/30)

SlimShots Save $5/1 liquid portion control (12/31)

Tide Save $.50/1 detergent (11/30)

Vanity Fair Save $.65/1 napkins dnd (12/31)

Vanity Fair Save $1.25/2 napkins dnd (12/31)

Mo7

Whoooeeee, I'm tired! My mom and I DID the Safeway shopping trip. It was a long day. Part of it is, neither of us gets a chance to take our time and shop. We spent a long time looking at the new items in the rice/beans/etc aisle.

DID YOU KNOW that you can now get Asian rice at Safeway? Not just the long rice but the med./short grain rice. :cheer: Basmati, Jasmine, and Calrose. From India, Thailand, and...well the Calrose was in a Safeway 20# bag for only $13-something. We don't care for long-grained rice so seeing this at decent price was GREAT! I bought 40#. All of this is quite new in our Safeway. More people trying the rice, grains, beans diet for the economic times.

I think I did best on that frozen foods + veggies for 99 cents/bag. If the bag was 12-16 oz., they credited me the 99 cent price and the overall 30% markdown. I bought so many veggie bags, I can't count them. My mom bought a set too [for me] with her paper's coupons. Had to store a bunch in my dear friend's freezer till I can get some of these dehydrated. [dehydrator is busy with turnips, etc these days] I'd never seen the frozen slices of yellow/red/green peppers so that's mainly what I got. I'm stocked already with peas/gr beans, etc.

I kept going up to ask about how to use the coupon. Everyone seemed very kind and patient, including the cashier. My sales receipt was literally 3 feet long. [i don't get out much so if there are enough sales to warrant, I will get most of the supplies for the next 3 months....it's how I always shop.]

Between sale meat and 'marked-down half off to sell quickly' meat, I'm set for a while too. I know they sometimes mark their regular price UP ....then the sale price looks so good. <_< But even accounting for that, I was pleased.

Counting what they take off for their own sales, the coupons I brought, the department mark-downs and one multiplied coupon....I saved $135. I still paid plenty but not NEARLY what I could have paid for what I purchased. :happy0203:

I usually am very good about shopping the store sales and catching department mark-downs. But I'm so pleased with the savings in the veggies this time. THANK YOU, Mo7, for bringing this to our attention or I would have likely missed the 30% freezer coupon. :cele::hug3:

MtRider [...I'm going to be putting away groceries for 2 days.... :0327: ]

Edited by Mt_Rider

Do you need batteries?

Take your CVS sales flier to Walmart for a price match on Duracell batteries-$10.99, then use the Safeway coupon in this week's ad for $2 off!!!

(16 pk AAA/AA, 8 pk C/D, or 4 pk 9V) :eclipsee_Victoria:

Better yet...............Walgreen's has the SAME Duracell batteries on sale, and they are only $9.99

I was in Winco the other night and I got Scott 12=24 TP for $4.89, AND, the packages had a 50c coupon on them. :grinning-smiley-044:

BTW, when you go into Safeway to get the flier for the battery coupon, pick up a 20lb bag of rice for $10.99 - that's about 55c/lb. :darlenedance: Oh, I almost forgot..................while you're in Safeway, go to the salad dressing section and see if your store has the tear-pad for $1 off 2 Wish-bone salad dresssing and pick some up for future use (elsewhere). :girlneener:

[ just checked--only good till 11/30/11] dry.gif

Edited by Midnightmom

Do you need batteries?

Take your CVS sales flier to Walmart for a price match on Duracell batteries-$10.99, then use the Safeway coupon in this week's ad for $2 off!!!

Better yet...............Walgreen's has the SAME Duracell batteries on sale, and they are only $9.99

I was in Winco the other night and I got Scott 12=24 TP for $4.89, AND, the packages had a 50c coupon on them. :grinning-smiley-044:

BTW, when you go into Safeway to get the flier for the battery coupon, pick up a 20lb bag of rice for $10.99 - that's about 55c/lb. :darlenedance: Oh, I almost forgot..................while you're in Safeway, go to the salad dressing section and see if your store has the tear-pad for $1 off 2 Wish-bone salad dresssing and pick some up for future use (elsewhere). :girlneener:

[ just checked--only good till 11/30/11] dry.gif

Walmart (at least ours) won't PM the Safeway coupon because you need a club card, and they don't PM anything that needs a club card or "membership".

The Wishbone salad dressing is also on sale this week.

Safeway Prep Deals for 10/26

Sorry I’m not putting direct coupon matchups for this. I’m running behind and have a craptonne of stuff to do today, but I wanted to get the basics done.

There is a lot of meat on sale this week at Safeway, great for you home canners.

Round Steak is $2.49/lb

Split Chicken Breasts $.99/lb-haven’t seen these that cheap in awhile

Pork Shoulder Blade Roast $1.99/lb

Safeway BLSL Chicken Breaksts in 4 lb bag $1.79/lb

General Mills Cold cereal $1.99, multiple coupons out there (some people do it, pls put the cereal debate elsewhere)

Refreshe Water 24 pack, 16.9 oz bottles 3/$10

Quaker Instant Oatmeal $2.50

SoBe Elixer, SoBe Tea, SoBe Lifewater buy 10 for $10, get 5 free.

Safeway Pasta $.79

Hormel Chili with Beans $.99

Duracell Batteries SQ for $2.00 off (also coupons out there)

Crisco cooking oil 48 oz BOGO

Refreshe Electrolytes Water $1.00

Safeway Toothbrush, floss or flossers $1.00

Safeway California Seedless Raisins, 6, 1.5 oz boxes, $1.00

Safeway Enriched Rice 32 oz $2.00

Safeway Applesauce Cups, 6 pack, 4 oz $2.00

Safeway Tampons or Maxi Pads $4.00 Various Sizes

Gala Apples 3 lb bag $3.00

Safeway Ultra Detergent 50 oz $4.00

Safeway Mixed Nuts 9.25 to 11.5 oz Selected Varieties $4.00

Skippy PB 16 to 16.3 oz Buy four save $4.00

Lipton Tea Bags 72 to 100 ct Buy 4 Save $4.00

Bertolli Pasta Sauce 15 to 24 oz Buy 4, Save $4.00

Knorr Homestyle Stock 4 pack, 4.66 oz Buy 4 save $4.00 coupons out there

Wishbone Salad Dressing 16 oz Buy 4 Save $4.00

Ritz Crackers $2.50

Powerade $.89

Hungry Jack Potatoes 6.1 oz $1.40

Uncle Bens Ready Rice (Think this needs a microwave, but not sure) $1.50

Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal $2.77

Palmolive Dish Detergent $2.99

Safeway Softly Bath Tissue 24 double roll or Thirsty Paper Towels 12 big roll SQ $9.49

Huggies Jumbo Diapers or Training Pants SQ $8.99

Beneful or Chef Michaels Dog Food $15.99

Red Bell Peppers 10 for $10

5 lb bag Russet Potatoes $1.99

Organic Gala Apples $1.99/lb

Broccoli Crowns $1.49/lb

Roma Tomatoes $.99/lb

Bartlett Pears $.99/lb

Do you need batteries?

Walmart (at least ours) won't PM the Safeway coupon because you need a club card, and they don't PM anything that needs a club card or "membership".

The Wishbone salad dressing is also on sale this week.

Check again. Walmart is supposed to have changed their policies..........at least according to their TV commercials!

Is anybody still couponing? We're getting into the holiday sale season and it would be a good time to use coupons.

For anybody who shops at Winco; they have sales fliers at the entrance that you should check out. $1.00 off ONE BOTTLE of Kraft salad dressing! (expires 8/30/14). I believe the salad dressing is also on markdown. I got a dozen, yep-12 bottles, of assorted salad dressings for 78c/bottle!!!

They are manufacturer's coupons so you could also use them at Walmart.

I coupon as best I can these days. I suggest couponmom.com for anyone interested.

My local grocery store has added a coupon/recipe machine at the front of the store. You can check the current coupons when you go to the store and print them up right there. Of course they are only available for use at that store and I think for that visit, but worth a stop when I am heading into the store to see what they have, in addition to other coupons I may have.