MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

We Have a House!

Carie

Good afternoon ladies!

It has been quite the week here :) Finally something good to report. We went and looked at a house Wed. morning. It was in horrible shape.....no electric/heat in the upstairs and the walls/ceiling were falling in. It was horrible. Dh had an emotional breakdown (that's not the good part - please pray for him, he is still in bad shape) and turned the search over to me. Actually he dumped it in my lap and said if I didn't want to be homeless in 6 weeks or so to find something. There was a rental listed in the paper but it was in town. However it was listed as 5 bedrooms, etc. and I had called earlier that week and gotten info on it. Dh consented to my renting something in town (up until now he was refusing - rural only). I went and looked at it on Wed and submitted an application but several other people had done so as well. The landlord's daughter came down from Chicago Wed night and they went through all the apps and checked all the references and then yesterday while throwing myself a pity party I got the call that we had been selected to stay in the house!!!!!!!!!! This house is beautiful! It is probably 75+ yrs old but well cared for. 2 stories. The downstairs has a kitchen, laundry room, 1 car garage, bathroom, library, sitting room, living room and dining room (along with 2 covered porches). The upstairs is completely hardwood floors and has a bathroom, 4 bedrooms and a sunroom and a covered balcony. Can you believe it?!?!?! I still can't! I picked up the lease yesterday and turned it back in today with our deposit. There is a small water issue they are going to fix and then we will be able to move in. This house is a dream come true and so much more than I ever expected to have in this lifetime. I know it is just a rental but I am going to enjoy it while I am there :) And I enjoy living in town for the most part and we haven't done so for 13 years. My oldest son says we will be "city slickers"....but the town has less than 7000 residents so it isn't very big. I will feel safe to walk again and I cant' wait to get to know my new neighbors. We are also only 2 or 3 blocks from my oldest son's school so he can walk back and forth and after evening activities.

God has blessed us so abundantly. I can't stop giving Him the praise and glory. We went from thinking we would have to accept a fall down house to being allowed to live in a beautiful home. God is soooo good!

Thanks for your prayers! I'll let you know when we get moved and settled in.

Blessings,

Carie

Praise God!!!! :woohoo:

I was thinking of you last weekend. SO very glad God has been taking good care of you! Now maybe your DH will be getting better, too. :wub:

:pray:

I'm so happy for you! Living in town has many perks too. Having next door neighbors to count on has been a blessing for me many times. Both in the giving and in the receiving.

Don't tell your 'city slicker' son but there is a big difference from living in a big city and a small town community. :008Laughing: I hope there are other kids on the block to play with! Can you tell I have Norman Rockwell playing in my head?

I hope it will be a good move for your husband too. Maybe he will get out more now and not isolate himself.

Wishing the best for your entire family.

So very happy for you. It'll be a burden off your shoulders.

Thanks for all the well wishes! We decided to move this Saturday (tomorrow). So according to Murphy's Law there were problems. lol I usually only work 1 day a week but I got called in for 3 days. So most of the packing etc. went to dh who worked 2 days as well. We had our bankruptcy trustee meeting yesterday and that went off without a hitch. Today is the last packing day then our friends will be here tomorrow to help us move. As for my family, I haven't told them. I didn't need the added drama of them freaking out on me. I have no doubt that they have seen us coming and going a lot making trips to the new house and all the trucks and trailers full of furniture should tip them off tomorrow. My mom can call and yell at me then. I honestly don't care at this point. Dh is doing better. Still some bad moments but the packing has kept him busy. It was a relief to have our part of the bankruptcy done. We had worried ourselves sick about that. So I need to get to work. thanks for the friendship, encouragement and prayers over the last year. i can't express how much it meant to know someone was praying.

Blessings

Carie

Archived