MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stressed out....

Guest Guest

When I get stressed while photographing a wedding-There's usually a lot of stress around-I stop physically and ask God to please help me do the next right thing and that's all. One thing at a time til things calm down. If it's a beach wedding, I like to walk on the beach afterwards.

Stressed out..... Me? NEVER!

LOL

Just all the time...... My husband swears I am an insomniac (not sure if I spelled it right).

What helps me when I find myself too wound up and can not relax at all is just to be held by my husband. There is nothing more relaxing than to feel his arms around me, comforting me.

Other times I find someone (usually on the net) to chat with or unload my frustrations onto. Sorta like I am doing here when I posted the letters and problems I am having with our (my husband's) daughter. I know I probably say more than I should, but it is safe here. No one knows me on a personal level, I can say what I feel, right or wrong and it will never get back to anyone I know in person. Never hurt anyone and it helps me release my frustrations, stresses, in a nonharmful way and get it off my mind so I can go back and deal with it better and not feel so alone. I just shared it with all of you out there, got it out and did not hurt anyone but maybe myself, maybe. And the bonus is I have all of you out there supporting me in prayer. I do feel those prayers a lot and they are helping.

Some times I fear you all will get tired of me and think I am some crazy woman that is self-centered and whines all the time. Our counselor said I need an outlet to release all the stress. My out let is here for as long as you all are willing to put up with me.

Basicly Ed, when under a lot of stress, you NEED an outlet. Some way you can release all the stress. My wonderful Dad (adopted by love) was a pastor and counselor. That was how we met and adopted each other. Dad used to tell me to go to the lake (we have plenty here in Michigan) and pitch rocks. He would tell me to imagine in my mind the person you was angry at and start pitching rocks at them in your mind, while you are pitching rocks for real.

I could never do that. I always felt it was wrong to pitch rocks at a person, even in my mind, but did learn to pitch rocks at no one, nothing, anything not living, or just pitch rocks at anger/frustration itself, just to relieve the stress and get rid of it until the next time.

Dad told me that his wife knew he was dealing with too much when he went outside and chopped wood. He would chop the wood until he found a release from all the anger, frustration and stress he was dealing with. He also used to go work in his garden in the summer time and found it to be very relaxing.

I used to and still do sometimes, take a walk in the woods, where there are no people, nothing but nature and GOD. I soon find the stress releasing and I am talking it over with God. When I finally walk back home I may not have any answers but I sure do feel a whole lot lighter.

Another way I relieve the stress is to read Chicken Soup For The Soul books. When I read things others have expierenced and went through I feel a sence of belonging and feeling for them and it releaves my tension.

It really is diffrent things for diffrent people but I did learn from my Dad that one of the best ways to relieve stress is to do something phisical. Pitch rocks, chop wood, play tennis, basketball ect. ect.

uhummmm, please excuse my candor here, not a subject I am acustom to engaging in with anyone but my husband....... My Dad also told me that a great stress reliever for a man (women too, but more so for men) is to be phisical/attentive with his wife. Just spend time together, just touch her, look into her eyes, communicate to her with your eyes and hands, no talking here. Tell her what you feel way down deep in your heart, but with your touch and with your eyes. I am not talking about sex here, although that can be a part of it, but I am just talking about being together, loving one another and expressing it with your touch and eyes only, not feeling or being pressured to do anything or expecting anything from it. With the expectations and pressure off you will be surprised how fast the stress will leave. It really works great, but only works if there are no expectations and the only communicating you do is with your eyes and your touch.

Hill

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

[This message has been edited by Hillbillee (edited October 20, 2002).]

Sex is good......crying is good.....eating tastes good........not good for ya.....deep breathing is good......going for a walk is good (don't tell anybody i said that...i have a reputation).....and Praying is good.....

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

About twice a year my hubby gives me some oney (not a huge amount) and he drops me off in town for three or four hours, by myself. I spend the time looking round the chairty shops, window shopping in the expensive cookshop and having a grown-up cup of coffee by myself in the posh coffee shop where they provide expensive magazines for you to read. I then wander up to the garden centre for an hour before they all come back and pick me up again. I am very fortunate that I only need to do this about twice a year. I don't really get stressed, but I do find that slamming doors helps to relieve the tension; which is why I never shout at the children when they do it!

I tend to let myself get too stressed out! I have learned that sometimes saying I need a few minutes to myself helps and I go and pray, read, or just lay on the bed.

Talking to friends helps, gardening helps, prayer, Bible Study, playing with the dogs, cleaning house, getting things done on my "things to do list", eating healthy makes a big difference for me, exercise.....

Don't be stressed out Ed. Take a walk along the beach and play in the sand or look for sea shells, and watch and listen to natures sounds all around you. Watch the waves lazily roll on the rocks and beach, listen to the gulls as well as watching them soar through the air dancing on the ocean breeze. Look for Dolphins or Whales splashing playfully in the water.

I am wondering in my mind how the Cape looks at this time of year. Is nature putting on its winter coat yet on the cape? I remember being at the marconi site and just sitting on the rocks enjoying the ocean waves pounding against time honored boulders. Of course I wondered who walked across those boulders from the Old Country when they traveled to start a new life here in the Americas. The ocean is a mesmorizing lady. She seems like she can be a gentle lass, a comforter,a playful child or an angry mother bringing her wrath down on you in a split second.

If you take the time to remove yourself from stressful situations and feelings and enjoy things you love to do then by all means go for it.

Make Sandcastles, find swings in a park and swing on them, do something you normally wouldn't do. Go on a road trip for a day and bring a picnic lunch with you.

Be a child for a day forgetting all of lifes responsibilities. What I mean by that is to take a day off and get away from the stress and just play.

Here is a great idea for relaxing! Skip on the beach. YES I SAID SKIP ON THE BEACH! smile.gif Do you know there is actually a worldwide skipping club ( their website is on the net somewhere)

Maybe we can all come to the Cape next summer and skip on the beach with you. That way when the constable comes to haul you away for mental instability he will have to take the rest of we Mrs. Survivor girls and guys with you. Is the paddy wagon big enough for all of us? Better yet we can tell him that we are free form skipping to get ready for the olympics. Do you think he would buy it? Now that would be a site. We would need Darlene to bail us out of the pokey if she wasn't skipping herself.

For lowlander she can join the England Skipping Club: The addy is: http://homepages.tesco.net/~sjdcon/Index.htm

For Canadians they have the Canadian Skipping Association, I have to find that addy and for us there is: www.iskip.com where you can sign up to become a skipper.

Check it out.

So practice skipping Ed, it will illeviate your stress and you can look forward to the thought that we all may join you skipping up and down the beaches of the Cape next summer.

Went crabbing today..caught many!..Me and Peggy work many hours..putting in new brakes on new Jeep today..Took Penny(the ***** that had pups)out for a walk.***** is a good word in dog breeding! Funny!..They do not leave the pups for 3 days!..Big frost here tonight..Just talking....Ed

------------------

edandpeg.gif