MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

WARNING: WebScams

Guest Guest

The following is one of many examples that sneaky people use to get your account information and worse the credit card info. Remember that no LEGITIMATE site will ever ask you for your account info like passwords and credit card info through an email so never give that info in an email.

Quote:
Dear PayPal Customer

This e-mail is the notification of recent innovations taken by PayPal to detect inactive customers and non-functioning mailboxes.

The inactive customers are subject to restriction and removal in the next 3 months.

Please confirm your email address and and Credit Card info number by logging in to your PayPal account using the form below:

Email Address:

Password:

Full Name #:

Credit Card #:

Exp.Date(mm/yyyy) #:

ATM PIN (For Bank Verification) #:

Guest Guest

Adding to the previous warnings......these emails come through looking like the legitimate sites with some of the companies logo and all.....another common example is the one from MSN and Hotmail asking you to verify your user name and log-in password....all BOGUS...as I mentioned previously these and any legit companies will not ask you put a password or any other critical banking info into an email. Some may threaten to delete you from the list or close your account but it's a nasty hoax! When in doubt go to the home page of the site and contact the tech support. This will help prevent you from identity theft and prevent your browser from being hijacked.

Oh my gosh, Cavey I didn;t thing that anyone would ever give their pin number out to anyone, let alone on the internet...

Guest Guest

Yep...these scam artists can make the message look pretty convincing....all we can do here is to keep you informed abouth the scammers and hope people catch the warnings in time.

Guest Guest

There has been a major rash of the deceptive emails going out so I am sending out this alert one more time. This is also known as PHISHING...again do not heed the threats....call the site's support to verify.

Guest Guest

Also, when ordering online, be sure that the url reads https://

instead of just http:// The s is an indicator of a secure site. My boss recently rec'd her credit card bill with numerous charges on it that she didn't make, and suspects that someone got her info

when she was making resevations on the Internet.