MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Any Unschooling Homeschoolers?

I was just wondering if there are any unschoolers in the group. I homeschool my 4 year old and we tend to follow an unschooling approach. We also mix in quite a bit of Montessori and Waldorf principles. We really don't fit into any category but we do what works for us. There are also times that she wants to "play school" and will pull out her workbooks and do things that way. Just wondering what approach everyone else uses.

This one.

http://shop.beaconmama.com/THINKING-FEELING-WILLING-Bringing-the-Rhythm-Home-think.htm

I actually won it on a blog giveaway. I haven't seen any of the materials yet but I am interested to see what they have to offer.

I have already started on the Winter curriculum from Wee Folk Art. We used their Autumn Harvest this fall and it was a lot of fun and gave us a great jumping off point.

• 4 weeks later...

I unschool up until about 4th-5th grade, then I feel more pressure to adopt some routines and rituals...at least for my "driven" one. She has specific goals that will require formal education. The "less driven" one ... well that one may be able to be very successful with less formal education.