MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fifty is niffty

Yesterday morning Dh told me how hard turning 50 is for him. I was going to do a little payback for what he did to me when I turned 40.

I thought about it all morning. When I was at walmart yesterday I picked up some 3 x 5 index cards. I going to find at least 50 people to write him a birthday blessing on the cards and give them to him. Cost .49 and some time.

I'm giong to the church to day and see if pastor J can help me make a anouncemant with out Dh finding out about it.

His ham radio friends are having a Christmas meal next tuesday so I'll get them then.

I have 24 days to get this done.

Edited by gofish

Lol, you're a woman who doesn't forget in a hurry eh? :wink (2): Nice idea to have 50 wishes on cards for him.

When my Mom turned 60 we had 60 people call her that day!

Everyone had a time (15minutes apart).

Cool , don't you think?

My MOTHER called me when she found out it was me and said “You do know I got NOTHING done that day because I had to keep answering the phone!

Didn't even dare go to the bathroom at 12, 3 6or 9 on the clock knowing she would be getting a call. Most people just called said it _______ happy Birthday Claire and then hung up.

Took her about 2 hours before she realized what was going on. LOL

When she turned 70 I got a big poster board and wrote out a birthday greeting over the whole thing and also added some drawings and pictures. Then cut it apart into postcard size (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) and started mailing them (never the 2 next to each other). Last card was the lower right hand corner with Love Michael and Lori. That was a fun one!

When she turned 80 I made 80 home-made Rubber-Stamped post cards and started to mail them about 1 1/2 weeks before her birthday. The mail lady had a ball sharing them with her. Even knocked on the door - Claire your son send MORE cards! LOL

Am I NUTS?

Yes!

But it was for my Mom!

:AmishMichael2:

When my Mom turned 60 we had 60 people call her that day!

Everyone had a time (15minutes apart).

Cool , don't you think?

My MOTHER called me when she found out it was me and said "You do know I got NOTHING done that day because I had to keep answering the phone!

Didn't even dare go to the bathroom at 12, 3 6or 9 on the clock knowing she would be getting a call. Most people just called said it _______ happy Birthday Claire and then hung up.

Took her about 2 hours before she realized what was going on. LOL

When she turned 70 I got a big poster board and wrote out a birthday greeting over the whole thing and also added some drawings and pictures. Then cut it apart into postcard size (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) and started mailing them (never the 2 next to each other). Last card was the lower right hand corner with Love Michael and Lori. That was a fun one!

When she turned 80 I made 80 home-made Rubber-Stamped post cards and started to mail them about 1 1/2 weeks before her birthday. The mail lady had a ball sharing them with her. Even knocked on the door - Claire your son send MORE cards! LOL

Am I NUTS?

Yes!

But it was for my Mom!

:AmishMichael2:

Awesome idea, Michael! My mom would KILL me if I did the phone call thing, though. The postcard one is more her speed...She likes to do puzzles.