MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

rough week

SueC

Many of you will know that DH was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma about 3 years ago. He is due for a 6 month review this week and first had some scans done. It showed that one of the remaining lesions that they have been monitoring is bigger. This was on top of news that our youngest DD is being tested for Hashimotos disease. her thyroid test was the worst the Doc had ever seen, so more tests and an ultrasound of her thyroid this week. DD is 15 - Hashimotos usually presents in women aged between 30 and 50. I hate working when stuff like this is happening at home.

Oh Sue, that is just a real lot to take in. My heartfelt warm wishes and thoughts for your DH and DD.

And all the strength for you keeping the family as good as can be.

Sorry you are going through this and hope you find strength.

I had forgotten that you have a 15-year-old, too. Darlene's youngest is the same age.

**Praying that God will touch each of your loved ones with His healing and that your lives will be especially blessed during these days.** :wub:

Hang in there, Mom... :bighug2:

OH Sue, I am so sorry to hear of all your problems. I will be keeping you and your loved ones in my prayers also.

:grouphug:

:bighug2:

So sorry Sue .. prayers and hugs and prayers!!!

2 Doctors appointments today.

DD definitely has Hashimoto's, treatment begins straight away and she will take Thyroxin for the rest of her life.

DH has 3 nodules in his lung that have been monitored for the last 3 years. I t is probably a secondary cancer from the renal cell carcinoma. This last year 1 nodule has grown so the plan is to refer him for a PET scan and to see a lung surgeon for possible surgery next year.

And the boss wondered why I wasn't totally on top of things today ... I pulled the cancer card and got some leniency

(((SueC)))) Well, you know your DH got thru round one of "C"! We'll all be praying for this too. I have a friend with Hashimoto's disease. [since she has 3 diseases, I get the symptoms confused between them tho.] Do they say why your DD would be outside the usual age range to get this disease? Anyway, she'll have our prayers too!!!!

MtRider :pray:

Archived