MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's my son's 18th Birthday tomorrow!!!

Wow!! I can hardly believe it. How time flies. I remember when he was just a cheeky barenaked bundle, wearing nothing but a cowboy hat and a cute baby smile. That is the cutest picture I have of him and it sits here at my desk. Along with his latest class picture. How the years go by so fast. It seems so sad and happy. Mixed emotions. Very mixed. It will be a strange day for me. Probably one of my hardest, yet most joyful. Hmmmmm....Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!!! grin.gif

spitzfire.jpg

[This message has been edited by Spitfire (edited October 22, 2002).]

Oh, yes, time does fly, and the older you get the faster it goes. This is what my mother told me years ago and she was so right. Wow, it was 13 years ago next month that our youngest turned 18. See, time really go by fast. smile.gif

Happy Birthday to your son. smile.gif Hope he has a great one. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Thanks everyone....time it does fly......and I still have four more to reach the same age.....hmmmmm.....

Hey Brigid...so far I have given him "the master bedroom" (we moved downstairs into the suite a few years ago, but the younger boys shared the master, as of a month ago, now he has it), he now has his own fridge, microwave, a full stereo system (complete with a record player, so he can listen to all my old but new records. Did ya know all the "old" bands are new again!?!? Like Pink Floyyd, Kiss, Santana).

And most of these things were purchased at garage sales (not the records, the household items LOL). So it didn't cost an arm and a leg. But if/when he moves out, he will have alot of what he needs. I already got him dishes, pots and pans, dresser, and a few other needs in order to live self-sufficiently!!

No, I am not trying to push him out the door!! LOL grin.gif He has purchsed a TV, Futon bed, VCR, and a few other gadgets.

Where do ya live Brigid??? Maybe they'd hit it off!!! grin.gif

Did I mention that he's a great cook. He's studied Food Prep., for 3 years, and plans on being a chef (French or Pastry, hasn't decided yet). He is very sensitive and has helped raise his siblings after his Dad passed away 10 1/2 years ago. So he is very good with kids. Does his own ironing, sewing, and laundry.

spitzfire.jpg

[This message has been edited by Spitfire (edited October 22, 2002).]

Time does sure fly but don't be sad Spit. In a few years he will probably move home after doing a stint outside your home and finding that its a hassle to survive out in the real world or maybe he will get hitched and bring all those babies home for you to babysit while he and his Mrs. go on vacation several times a year...LOL. Then the cycle starts all over again and you can watch your grandkids grow just like you watched your " little man'" grow.

Happy Birthday baby Spitty!

That's a milestone we hate to see come, in some ways and in others so very satisfying.

Tell him party3.gif for me.

And congradulations on raising such a fine young man, Spitfire.

MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

¡¡¡Feliz Cumpleaños!!! That's Happy Birthday in Spanish....I trust the Lord's greatest blessings on your son's life and an extra meassure of grace for yours! I can relate to time flying on a smaller scale...it seems like just yesterday that I was holding my tiny little baby daughter...now she is more interested in getting tickeld and running around. She'll be two in December. Too young for your son, I suppose...ho old are your other kids? grin.gif

I think it's great that your son can do all those thngs! I have friends (guy friends from childhood) that just recently got married and went from Mommy to wife. So now the difference is that their wife will do their laundry and make their bed and cook their meals instead of their Mom's! I was so glad to know that my DH can survive for a while with out me...although he does miss me terribly...I think that's ok, though wink.gif.

Well, I hope your son has/had a wonderful birthday. And I hope you enjoy it too! Great job raising a great son!

Happygirl smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Hey Beb your right,

Spitty spot, we could be related. Katie finishes school this year, then she is taking a year off to save money, then moving to of all places..........Alberta to go to University.

She has the basement of my house, and a lot of her furniture to move out with. She could use to hook up with someone as sweet as your son.

Let's plan.......tee hee

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif