MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Unbelieveable.

Crazy4Canning

Thanks for providing us with an update, C4C! I know that this cannot be easy. I will be praying for you and your family. Iam rarely at a loss for words or advice but find that I am right now. I do know that your parents are so fortunate to have a daughter like you to look out for their best interests and it is clear that you are giving this your all. Keep your head up...

The guardian ad litem, the interim guardian the court appoints before I take guardianship, spoke with my parents today. He chatted with them about what the guardianship was for and both parents were fine with it....for it was for their safety. I thought everything was fine also, until I received a phone call about an hour ago. Dad read all the paperwork I filed with the attorney and he was upset. The attorney had to detail the condition of the house, the email scams, everything. He called me wanted to know what business it was of mine to openly air things that were none of my business. So what if the house was a mess? It wasn't as bad as some hoarders, and there wasn't as much garbage as I had said. The house did get clean and it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. He was fine with the mention of my mom's handicaps but when it began to point to him, he minimized and argued, telling me I was out of my place.

The three big hammers in the document were 1. the state of the house at the move, 2. the email scammers and 3. the care of my mother.

He asked me if there was a reason I was so extremely graphic, and I said yes, because I had to tell the truth. He disagrees about what the truth was.

In reviewing documents for the court case with his brother, I realize he doesn't have a clear idea of what happened and once something is out of sight, it's out of mind. It no longer exists. He thinks everything is fine because he's no longer contacting the scammers.

My turn with the guardian is next week. I can only pray that this not take a long time....because he was chatting about cancelling his social security number and getting a new one, because the scammers had the old one. I told him if he did that, all monies would stop. He wouldn't get anything for months, perhaps as much as 6. How would the bills get paid? I begged him to leave it alone. He's been good about not going to the bank and getting money and not email the scammers. I just can't deal with the possiblity that he can still do these things...he could really muck things up. If he does - it only proves his incapacity.

Ugh, I wish I had some magic answers for you. You are so strong to be dealing with all of this and for so long! Whether they know it or not, they are lucky to have you for a daughter. You must have the patience of Job. You are certainly honoring your mother and father.

:bighug2:

Archived