MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Did I miss something?

Trudy

I just downloaded TMC's book 'Bystander'! I didn't know that it was available for Kindle. I'm into 'Dark Grid' right now, but I bet I can finish it fast! Congrats Carolyn. We are very proud of you!!! :bouquet:

I didn't know it was on Kindle either. I got the hard copy in last week, but haven't had a chance to start reading it. Sounds like a plan for Saturday - DS will be at a scout training and DD will be at a friend's.

I just downloaded TMC's book 'Bystander'! I didn't know that it was available for Kindle. I'm into 'Dark Grid' right now, but I bet I can finish it fast! Congrats Carolyn. We are very proud of you!!! :bouquet:

Just check 2 Library Systems database (that is 82 Libraries total) and nobody has it. I am very sad! :sad-smiley-012:

:AmishMichael2:

Where did you see it on Kindle? I only see the hard copy on Amazon.

Just check 2 Library Systems database (that is 82 Libraries total) and nobody has it. I am very sad! :sad-smiley-012:

I just checked Amazon. If you have Prime you can borrow it. If you don't, I think they have a 30 day trial on Prime. You just have to remember to cancel in the 30 days if you don't want to keep it.

Hmmm...that's odd. I do have Amazon Prime. But, it doesn't show up as available on Kindle at all for me. Only in paperback form.

OK, now I see it available when I click on TMC's direct link in her other post. Seems like it would make sense to have paperback and Kindle form available for sale on the same page.

http://www.amazon.com/Bystander-ebook/dp/B00756PYRG/ref=sr_1_9?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1329142725&sr=1-9

Hmmm...that's odd. I do have Amazon Prime. But, it doesn't show up as available on Kindle at all for me. Only in paperback form.

OK, now I see it available when I click on TMC's direct link in her other post. Seems like it would make sense to have paperback and Kindle form available for sale on the same page.

http://www.amazon.co...29142725&sr=1-9

Maybe that's why when I bought it I didn't realize there was a kindle version. The only thing that came up that day was the hard copy which is fine. After I read "Last Light" by Terri Blackstock, I'm became afraid of losing the books on my kindle if :smiley_shitfan: . (It was a free book and the first time I had read about EMP's.) So now books I know I want to keep I get in physical form (i.e. books friends have published or really good reference books).

I just checked Amazon. If you have Prime you can borrow it. If you don't, I think they have a 30 day trial on Prime. You just have to remember to cancel in the 30 days if you don't want to keep it.

Thanks but I was hoping to get a 'real' book to hold and read. I tried to read on a nook but just not the same . :shrug:

I got a free month of Prime when I bought my Kindle Fire. I didn't activate it because I was afraid I would forget to cancel it on time. The next time I went to Amazon the message came up telling me to cancel the account by March 3rd if I didn't want the $79 fee put on my credit card! I was kinda upset about it, but decided to try it out. It has saved me a bundle in shipping already, so I do plan to keep it now. I haven't learned how to borrow a book yet. I Was trying to borrow Dark Grid, but it charged me the 2.99 so I guess I didn't check it out right. Sorry I didn't see your question Dogmom4, but this is the first time I've had a chance to sit down today. I'm tired!

Windmorn, when it first came out it wasn't on Kindle yet. It took a couple of months. I couldn't wait though and I'm glad I went ahead and bought it too.

That might be it too. I put it on my wish list when TMC announced it, and just hit add to cart.

I got a free month of Prime when I bought my Kindle Fire. I didn't activate it because I was afraid I would forget to cancel it on time. The next time I went to Amazon the message came up telling me to cancel the account by March 3rd if I didn't want the $79 fee put on my credit card! I was kinda upset about it, but decided to try it out. It has saved me a bundle in shipping already, so I do plan to keep it now. I haven't learned how to borrow a book yet. I Was trying to borrow Dark Grid, but it charged me the 2.99 so I guess I didn't check it out right. Sorry I didn't see your question Dogmom4, but this is the first time I've had a chance to sit down today. I'm tired!

I just borrowed Hunger Games a couple of days ago. There was a button next to the buy button on my kindle.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, So now at least 1 Library System has it! :thumbs:

Lori got her Boss at the Library to let her order 1 for the system!

AND THEN............................

She surprized me by getting a copy for me for Fathers Day! :woohoo:

And even gave it to me early - :faint3:

BUT now she is Reading it! I wonder WHY I got it early? :shrug:

So remember it is a great book!

and would make a great gift!

:AmishMichaelstraw:

OK, So now at least 1 Library System has it! :thumbs:

Lori got her Boss at the Library to let her order 1 for the system!

AND THEN............................

She surprized me by getting a copy for me for Fathers Day! :woohoo:

And even gave it to me early - :faint3:

BUT now she is Reading it! I wonder WHY I got it early? :shrug:

So remember it is a great book!

and would make a great gift!

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Thanks for the commercial, Michael! I'm sure that Lori promises not to crease the book before you get a chance to read it!

I got the kindle version, but want a few hardcopies, if things stay as per usual, to send as Christmas gifts, great way to introduce relatives to why one should prep.... many of mine will appreciate her style and laugh too. Wonderful book!

Makes you think too!

I am back to editing it today... I am also hoping to get the cover art design finished. There is now a third book that is not Bystander-related that is also in the editing phase. I haven't figured out what that cover will look like, nor have I settled on a title.

I got the kindle version, but want a few hardcopies, if things stay as per usual, to send as Christmas gifts, great way to introduce relatives to why one should prep.... many of mine will appreciate her style and laugh too. Wonderful book!

Makes you think too!

Thank you, Arby! You've just mentioned most of the reasons why I wrote it. It can be so hard to introduce some folks to prepping.