MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Raining in the Closet!!!

Denanna

Okay, at first it was almost funny. I heard water spraying and thought someone was squirting the bathroom window from outside. Then I realized it was in the closet! We scrambled to find a flashlight so hubby could go out and turn off the water. It was kinda late when this happened so we only took out enough stuff to see better. It looks like the floor gave way, which yanked the tank from the wall and forced the door open. I don't think I have ever looked at the top of the water heater but there seems to be quite a lot of corrosion. Our guess is that unknown to us, it has been leaking slowly and getting the floor wet. We will get a better look tomorrow. I was really hoping it was just a hose or something but it looks like we will have to buy a new water heater :(

UGHH.

The first time our water heater went out, it did it with a loud bang, in the middle of the night, as the bottom fell out.

Most water heaters, now days, are only designed for a year or two of service. If you drain them regularly, clearing the calcium buildup and other gunk from the bottom, they will last much longer.

I hope you are able to get it fixed quickly.